LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. - The Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) announced its Student-Athlete Academic Honor Roll today for the 2018 spring term and 438 student-athletes made the list.
Since its inception in the fall of 1997, almost 26,500 male and female student-athletes have been recognized for their contributions in the classroom.
To qualify, a student-athlete must maintain a minimum grade-point average of 3.25 for the term and be a regular member of a varsity athletic team in a sport sponsored by the conference.
University of Dallas student-athletes from baseball, softball, golf, and track and field were represented on this list. The baseball program posted the most names from UD with 12 and matched its highest total for qualifyers consecutive years. This is the third straight year the Crusaders on the diamond reached double-digits, as the 2016 postseason featured 11.
The track and field program combined for 11 total, with eight on the men's side. Joseph Boyle, Emma Kate Callahan, Logan Fruhwirth, Isaiah Hayes, and Helen Onyenso claimed multiple academic honor roll recognition for being dual-sport athletes for other sports in 2017-18.
Included are those that were named a month ago to the United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA) National All-Academic Team. Nicolas Hovde, Nick Goehring, and Joseph Griesbauer from baseball and softball's Katelyn Lazarek formed the quartet.
Among the group, six student-athletes were awarded for a third consecutive season. Women's track and field's Grace Conti and golfer Matthew Nickel also claimed a three-year recognition. The quartet from baseball: Josh Abalos, Joseph Griesbauer, Mark Peterson, and Jordan Stickler rounded out the unit.
There are 18 student-athletes in this selection that have been recognized multiple occassions in their careers.
To view the complete list, click here.
To view the SCAC Academic Honor Roll homepage, click here.
Below are the recipients by sport.
- Josh Abalos (Lewisville, Texas)
- Maximilian Costello (Anchorage, Alaska)
- Nick Goehring (Phoenix, Ariz.)
- Joseph Griesbauer (Troy, Mo.)
- Nicolas Hovde (Waco, Texas)
- Michael Ilardi (Atascocita, Texas)
- Mark Peterson (Cincinnati, Ohio)
- Zach Salomon (Oklahoma City, Okla.)
- Paul Scioli (Lubbock, Texas)
- Jessup Scott (Lewiston, Idaho)
- Jordan Stickler (Grand Rapids, Mich.)
- Joseph Vondrachek (North St. Paul, Minn.)
- Robert Bross (Wentzville, Mo.)
- Matthew Nickel (Wichita, Kan.)
- Thomas Schuberg (Camarillo, Calif.)
- Katelyn Lazarek (Seattle, Wash.)
- Emily Martin (San Jose, Calif.)
Track & Field
- Patrick Andrews (Irving, Texas)
- Joseph Boyle (St. Paul, Minn.)
- Jonah Costello (Anchorage, Alaska)
- Logan Fruhwirth (Waynesville, Ohio)
- Isaiah Hayes (Arlington, Texas)
- John James (Metairie, La.)
- Kevin McGuirk (Front Royal, Va.)
- Shevram Mishra (Jamshedpur, India)
- Emma Callahan (Overland Park, Kan.)
- Grace Conti (Boxford, Mass.)
- Hannah Green (Mission Viejo, Calif.)