HOW TO FOLLOW
Multimedia Coverage: Livestats
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Men's Lacrosse Twitter: @UDallasMLAX
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Men's Lacrosse Instagram: udmenslacrosse
Date: March 22nd
Time: 3:30 p.m.
Opponent: Carroll University
Records: Carroll (2-3), Dallas (4-5)
Location: Irving, Texas, Crusader Field
The University of Dallas men's lacrosse team returns to the friendly confines after going 1-2 over Spring Break on the road. The Crusaders have dropped four-of-five and are looking to end a two-game slide in Irving.
The most recent contest was a setback at Piedmont College. The team's top three scorers: Tyler Smith (Snoqualmie, Wash.), Tucker Jameson (Mechanicsville, Md.), and J.P. Hasson (Fairfax, Va.) each recorded a goal.
- Smith has produced a career season thus far with 23 goals and 30 points to lead the squad. He is shooting 31-of-47 shots on cage for 66.0 percent. He has added 20 groundballs and 23-of-31 faceoffs won.
- Hasson rounds out the trio of double-digit scorers (15), but is tied with Jake Frederick (Coppell, Texas) for the team-lead in assists (11). Hasson's point total is 26. Frederick is third on the team in points (17) thanks to his number of assists to go with six goals.
- Jameson has registered all his points from goals with 16.
- Peter Early (San Antonio, Texas) has chipped in nine goals and five assists.
- Christian Lopez (Las Vegas, Nev.) eclipsed 100 saves in the last outing and is over that mark by two now. His save percentage is at a 50.0-clip, as the sophomore has faced 347 shots in all 540 minutes.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Overall Series: 1-1
- These teams split its meetings, with both at Waukesha, Wisconsin, the last two seasons.
- Dallas fell 9-7 in the most recent match. Smith (4) and Ben Blessard (Falls Church, Va.) combined for all of UD's goals. Lopez made 14 stops.
- In the triumph two years ago, the final was 11-3. Early (2), Blessard (1), and Joshua McClendon (Redondo Beach, Calif.) (1) found the back of the twine in that game that remain on the current roster.
A LOOK AT THE PIONEERS
- Carroll has fallen in two straight. That includes a 12-6 setback to Marian University, who is a common opponent this spring for the two programs.
- The team is 1-1 in away matches. The current road trip in Texas is during Spring Break. After the matchup with UD, the Pioneers will play on the neutral site field with Southwestern University two days later.
- Airik Ranjo and Michael Peters are the team leaders in goals with seven apiece. Ranjo has one extra assist for 10 points. Dominic Sabbarese and Jeff Schultz add six and five goals, respectively.
- Paul Kerchberger has dished five assists to lead all players.
- Abe Escrada has worked 240 minutes in goal, and made 37 saves against 120 shots faced.
Dallas will spend the Easter Weekend in Massachusetts for a pair of contests. On Mar. 31st, the Crusaders play at Becker College at 3 p.m. (EST). On April 2nd, they will be at Salem State University for a 3:30 p.m. (EST) tilt.