COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – The University of Dallas men's soccer team (3-2) fell to Pacific Lutheran University (2-1-1) on Saturday at a neutral site field hosted by Colorado College. Dallas was topped by the same result, 2-0, for a consecutive day in Colorado. Dallas is now 2-2 on the six-game road trip and 2-1 in neutral site games. The Crusaders finished 3-1 against non-conference opponents on the docket in 2016 as well.
A goal by Clint Absher at the 26:42 minute mark broke a scoreless match in favor of the Lutes. Eddie Na gave the assist with a cross from the left side. That goal lifted Pacific Lutheran to a 1-0 lead at the half. In the early part of the final 45 minutes, Diego Aceves completed a rebounded ricochet off the left post that came off the foot of an Isak Visser shot attempt.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- Dallas was outshot 16-5 and attempted four of its opportunities in the first stanza.
- Jake Schnell (Austin, Texas), Barton Holdridge (Fort Worth, Texas), Trae Hampton (Paducah, Ky.), Garrett Hammer (Colleyville, Texas), and Hunter Haugland (Bixby, Okla.) all recorded shots for the Crusaders.
- Haugland was the lone shot on goal.
- UD held a slight edge in corner kicks 5-4.
- Tino Gamueda (Lubbock, Texas) made six saves against eight shots faced in 90 minutes. It was the senior's 50th game to play in his career.
- Pacific Lutheran's Na had a game-high six shots. Bennett Bugbee and Absher had the other multi-shot efforts. Eight individual Lutes made eight shots on goal.
Dallas resumes conference play at Schreiner University on September 16 at 2 p.m.