(Photo courtesy of Southern Arkansas University)
COMMERCE, Texas – The University of Dallas men's track and field team competed in the East Texas Invite hosted at NCAA Division II Texas A&M-Commerce on a cold, windy Saturday afternoon.
- Joseph Boyle (St. Paul, Minn.) ran a personal record (PR) in the 5,000 Meters with a 17:41.55 time.
- Jonah Costello (Anchorage, Alaska) earned a PR in the 800 Meters (2:36.96).
- Cecilio Huitron (El Paso, Texas) narrowly clipped his previous best in the 200 Meter-Dash with a 35.33 mark.
- Charles Obegolu (Dallas, Texas) ran a PR in the 100 Meter-Dash (11.99m) and Discus Throw (26.47m).
- Daniel Layton (La Cañada Flintridge, Calif.) also hit a PR in the Discus Throw (22.46m).
- Marcos Carmona (Houston, Texas) threw a season-best in Hammer Throw (33.76m).
- Joseph Kilmer (Rockville, Md.) made his collegiate debut in the Steeplechase.
- Peter Dihn (Grand Prairie, Texas) and Shivam Mishra (Jamshedpur, India) debuted in the 1,500 Meters.
- Logan Fruhwirth (Waynesville, Ohio) made his debut in the Javelin Throw.
Dallas prepares for the SCAC Championships on April 27th-28th at Texas Lutheran University in Seguin, Texas.