UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
Softball Twitter: @UDallasSoftball
Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
The University of Dallas softball team opens Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) play this weekend with four games at Trinity University. First pitch on Saturday is at 1 p.m. and Sunday will be at 12 p.m.
Dallas is 2-10 on the year and coming off a pair of setbacks at LeTourneau University on Wednesday.
- The past two seasons, the Crusaders have won 13 SCAC games and finished 3rd in standings.
- Dallas was selected 4th in the preseason coach's poll while Trinity was tabbed to repeat for 2nd.
- Jade Miller (Plano, Texas) has anchored the Crusaders offense with a .515 batting average (1st SCAC). She has tallied 17 hits (5-game streak) and recorded knocks in 11-of-12 contests. Miller has two doubles, a triple, two homers, and is 9-for-10 in stolen bases (tied conference best).
- Melanie Savala (Bryan, Texas) is hitting .321 with nine hits and has walked a team-high six times.
- Mackenzie Tano (Wylie, Texas) has seven ribbies for a team-most and has launched the other round-tripper for UD.
SCOUTING THE TIGERS
- Trinity is also 2-8 on the season overall.
- The Tigers did start SCAC play last weekend at Schreiner University and were 1-3.
- Both decisions the first day were one-run losses (3-2, 4-3). They won 4-1 and fell 6-2 on the second day.
- Trinity is 0-4 at home this season.
- The team is hitting .211 on the year.
- Rebecca Berreth is swinging .324 with 11 hits, four doubles, and a home run.
- Rylie Goldwait is second on the team in hits (9) and Hilary Hoffman complete the top three (7) in base knocks. Goldwait is one behind Berreth in runs batted in as tandem has combined for 11.
- Katie Castillon leads the pitchers in the circle with a 3.50 ERA through 34 innings and 7 outings. Katie Glomb has logged 25.2 innings. Each Katie has stepped on the rubber five times to start.
- Dallas is 6-11 against Trinity all-time. This includes four-of-six in the regular season the past three seasons.
- The Crusaders went 2-3 altogether last season against Trinity, which included a 4-3 setback at the host team's field for game four of the Winners' Bracket on day one.
- Two seasons ago in San Antonio the Crusaders split (W 7-2, L 5-2) on the first day of the series. Day two was cancelled due to weather.
Dallas continues its season-long, 10-game road trip with four contests in Clermont Florida March 15-16. The tournament is known as "The Spring Games" and Dallas will play Fairleigh Dickinson-Florham, Salve Regina, University of Scranton, and Susquehanna University.