HOW TO FOLLOW
(Sunday, Mar. 17) Video: Games 3/4
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Softball Twitter: @UDallasSoftball
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Softball Facebook: University of Dallas Softball
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Softball Instagram: udallas_softball
Dates/Times: March 16 (12 PM & 2 PM) | March 17 (12 PM & 2 PM)
Opponents: Schreiner University
Records: Schreiner (4-14, 0-4 SCAC), Dallas (5-11, 0-4 SCAC)
Location: Crusader Field, Irving, Texas
The University of Dallas softball team returns home for the first time in a month to open its longest home stand of 2019. The Crusaders will host Schreiner University for the second conference series of the spring. Both teams are seeking their first league win after being swept last weekend. The Crusaders by Texas Lutheran University and Mountaineers by Southwestern University.
Meanwhile the Crusaders are in the midst of a busy stretch playing eight games in five days. They split both non-conference road doubleheaders at Mississippi University for Women and Judson College.
- The Crusaders are 3-1 at home this season.
- Julie Duenas (Houston, Texas) is tearing the cover off the ball with a .413 batting average (stats as of 3/13). She also has clobbered three home runs (hit a pair at Judson College).
- Dallas and its opponents have exactly 15 doubles (stats as of 3/13).
- The Crusaders are 1-2 in extra inning games this season and 3-7 in games decided by three runs or less.
BY THE NUMBERS
- All-time Series: UD is 10-15
- Schreiner was picked tied for 3rd with Trinity University in SCAC Coaches' Preseason Poll.
- The Mountaineers have won past seven meetings dating to UD's 4-3 victory in Irving in On Mar. 25, 2017.
SCOUTING THE MOUNTAINEERS
- Schreiner is coming off 1-0 and 6-2 setbacks against Transylvania on Thursday. The games were at a neutral site in Seguin, Texas.
- The Mountaineers have dropped six straight and are 1-7 in March.
- Gabriella Acuna and Alyssa Maki rank atop the SCAC in RBI with 15 apiece. Maki has also sent four home runs to lead the conference, with Acuna tied for third with a pair of round-trippers. Maki is tied for
- Acuna (22), Rachel Brown (21), Maki (19), Ashton Vasquez (15), and Courtney Bigley (14) form a quintet of the top hitters in double-digits for total hits.
- Hannah Ortiz leads the pitching staff with 39.1 innings. She has started seven games and made nine appearances to go with a 3.92 ERA. Bri Wodtke hs made four starts and spun a 2.92 ERA in 24 innings (2nd on staff). The Mountaineers have used six pitchers with five logging at least one start and all six surpassing 11 innings thrown.
Dallas keeps the 10-game home stretch going with a non-conference doubleheader on Wednesday, March 20, versus Hardin-Simmons University. First pitch is slated at 5 p.m.
The Crusaders end the home stand by hosting Centenary College that following weekend (Mar. 23-24) with a pair of noon start times in those SCAC twinbills.