HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
The University of Dallas women's basketball returns to the court on December 31st versus Sul Ross State University in a non-conference matchup. Tip-off is scheduled for 2 p.m. Dallas (5-5, 0-1 SCAC) wraps up a four-game homestand.
Last time out the Crusaders avenged a 28-point loss earlier in the campaign against Hendrix College by winning 57-53 at the Maher Center. That ended a three-game slide for UD and moved the team to 1-2 on the current stretch at home.
- Michelle DeCoud (Monument, Colo.) paces the Dallas offense with 171 points and 17.1 points-per-game (ppg). She has record double-digits in scoring all 10 contests. Entering the weekend, DeCoud ranks third in the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) and fourth in the United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA) for scoring average.
- DeCoud ranks atop the SCAC in rebounds-per-game with an 8.6-clip.
- The senior forward recently broke the program record for career blocks with a pair in the last game. She had been tied with Joirdan Cole entering that matchup and now has 110 for the new best.
- DeCoud recently climbed up the all-time records in points for the Dallas women's basketball team. She checks in 10th with 1,077 total, as she passed Brooke Hagemann by 11.
- That victory for the Crusaders counted as 260 for the program overall.
- The Crusaders are averaging 61.8 points, while their scoring defense (62.0 ppg) ranks second in the SCAC.
- Onyenso follows DeCoud in rebounds with 6.0 per contest. The senior forward has grabbed the most offensive boards (36), which has contributed to over half her 60 overall.
BY THE NUMBERS
- The Crusaders are 7-15 overall against SRSU.
- Last time these programs met was during the 2015-16 campaign in Irving. Dallas prevailed 59-55.
- Onyenso, Shelby Waldron (Banning, Calif.), and Jackie Landry (Anaheim, Calif.) were the only players to play that remain on this current roster. DeCoud was studying on the Rome campus that semester.
- Sul Ross State enters with a 2-9 record. The team last played Dec. 19th versus Texas-Permian Basin and fell 81-61.
- The Lobos will spend the weekend in DFW, as they play Dallas Christian College on Saturday.
- SRSU has gone 0-3 this season versus SCAC opponents. This includes a pair of setbacks to Schreiner University. Texas Lutheran University is the other foe.
- The Lobos are shooting 32.9 percent from the field and averaging 56.2 points.
- Angalyn Latin leads the team with 140 points (12.7 ppg). Erica Solomon-Powell follows with 113 (10.3 ppg), and Taylor Gass rounds out the top three with 94 (8.5 ppg).
- Gass is the team leader in rebounds with 77. Latin has contributed 55.
- Gass (25), Lizette Heredia (23), and Latin (22) form a trio of players with at least 20 steals.
Conference play welcomes Dallas into 2018. A pair of road games will be held at Trinity University (January 5th) and Schreiner University (6th). The away trip concludes Jan. 10th at Southwestern Adventist University in a non-conference tilt.