HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Basketball Twitter: @dallaswbb
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
The University of Dallas women's basketball team opens the 2018-19 regular season on Friday (11/9) vs. University of St. Thomas. Tip-off will begin at 5:30 p.m.
The Crusaders (0-0) are coming off a 9-16 record last season and a 3-11 conference mark.
THREE THINGS TO KNOW FOR UD
- Dallas ranked tied for second among all conference teams last season in scoring defense. The Crusaders held opponents to 63.3 points-per-game.
- UD finished last season atop the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) in 3-Point Field Goal Percentage Defense holding conference opponents to a .274 average.
- Returner Panda Green (Farmersville, Texas) was tied for the conference lead with 3.8 assists per game in 2017-18.
BY THE NUMBERS
- These two team have never faced one another.
SCOUTING THE CELTS
- The Celts, who are currently apart of the NAIA and a member of the Sooner Athletic Conference (SAC), will be joining the SCAC and NCAA Division III next year.
- St. Thomas lost to Texas A&M- Corpus Christi on Wednesday 78-40.
- The Celts finished last season with 12-15 record and an 8-10 mark in the SAC.
- Sheridan Hopkins, a junior guard, averaged 34.8 points per game and led the team with 211 field goals in 2017-18.
- Bresha Orange, a senior guard, returns for the Celts after she produced 43 3-point field goals, which was good enough for second-best on the team. Orange also contributed 129 total rebounds for the Celts last season, averaging 5.2 per game.
Dallas will make its first road trip as the team will travel to California. The Crusaders will play Cal. Institute of Tech (CA) at 2 p.m. (PST) on Wednesday (11/21) UD then will make an appearance in the David Wells Classic on Friday and Saturday (November 23-24) with matchups against Claremont-Mudd-Scripps College (CA) and Pomona-Pitzer College (CA).