IRVING, Texas – The University of Dallas women's lacrosse team could not find an answer as Beloit College (2-3) ended a three-game skid on Friday with a 16-4 final. It was the second setback for the Crusaders (1-6) in three days and capped a 5-game homestand at 1-4.
- Lexi Leite (Houston, Texas) kept her scoring streak alive at seven games and now has 22 goals overall.
- Erika Keever (Fort Worth, Texas) extended her goal streak to five (entire homestand) with one the team's first of the match. Keever added four draw controls (team-high).
- Keever and Gwen Mohler (San Francisco, Calif.) tied a team-high in shots with five apiece, and Mohler had four on cage including her 5th goal of the season.
- Katie Crnkovich (Walnut Creek, Calif.) added three draw controls as well.
- The Buccaneers spread the offense between nine girls scoring. Tate Mitchell paced the individuals with a game-high five scoring plays. All six of her shots were on target.
- A trio of players: Arisbeth Sanchez, Nicole Dolcimascolo, and Fiona Milchman all contributed a pair of goals. Dolcimascolo won six draws.
- Marie Bonine earned the win with a 60 minute complete game. She made 11 saves against 15 faced and picked up six groundballs.
- Dallas was outshot by two 24-22. However, the Buccaneers doubled the output 18-9 in the first stanza.
- Each squad had 15 successful clears.
- Beloit narrowly edged in draw controls (12-9) and groundballs (14-13).
- Free Position shots carried the Buccaneers with 6-for-9 finding the back of the netting. Dallas was 3-for-10.
HOW IT HAPPENED
Mitchell had the first goal on a free position a minute and a half into the match. Keever garnered the equalizer for the Crusaders about five minutes later on a free position of her own. It was the visitors that gained the momentum from there with eight unanswered goals. Milchman had the third free positon goal of the match (both sides combined) to break the tie.
That was at 22:31, and then about a minute came off before Mitchell secured her second goal on an assist from Hannah Drexler. After another free position a couple moments later, Dolcimascolo fired back-to-back goals in under a minute to force a UD timeout at 17:11. Dolcimascolo kept herself involved on the point's column with the next two goals for the guests being helpers to Mitchell.
Mohler ended the run with a free position shot that went in for her 4th goal in the past week (three matches). That 9-2 score happened with 10 and a half remaining until intermission. It was not enough as Beloit poured four more to cap a 13-2 stretch in the frame.
Hahn scored the first UD goal a little past nine minutes in the next half. It was the lone goal not off a free position for the home team and cut the margin to 15-3. Leite mustered a free position goal a couple seconds later after Crnkovich won the draw to keep her scoring streak alive at 15 games dating back to last year. Despite the back-to-back scores for UD, it was too far of a deficit on the afternoon to kickoff spring break.
Dallas heads to Hendrix College on March 13 for a single road game. The action begins at 5 p.m. and live coverage can be found here. The programs have split two matches all-time with a win/loss apiece. The most recent meeting was at Conway in 2015 with Dallas falling 16-1.
The final home games are a little less than a week from now as the Crusaders host Carroll University (WI) and University of Puget Sound on the 16th and 18th, respectively. The two programs play each other on the 17th in a neutral site hosted at Crusader Field.