UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Volleyball Twitter: @UDallasVball
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Volleyball Instagram: udvball
The University of Dallas volleyball team is back at the Maher Center on Thursday for a 7 p.m. match with Randall University. This is only one-of-two home games for the Crusaders in the month of October.
Dallas (6-13) is coming off a 1-3 weekend at the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) Cross-Divisional hosted at Texas Lutheran University. The Crusaders picked up their first win in conference on Sunday with a 3-1 result against Schreiner University. The non-conference matchup breaks up a stretch of seven straight SCAC games.
- Diana Hassink (Tulsa, Okla.) is 24th in NCAA Division III and leads the SCAC in total digs with 369 this year.
- Hassink enters tomorrow's match fifth all-time in the UD program with 1,488. The senior libero is averaging 5.51 digs for tops in the conference and also just checks in under the top 50 in NCAA DIII.
- The Crusaders rank 21st nationally for digs-per-set (18.93) and 24th in total digs (1,268).
- Samantha Garza (Richmond, Texas) combined for 19 kills last Sunday, including a career-high 13 in UD's victory. Her 83 total rank second on the squad in that category.
- Randall University is 12-8 on the season.
- The Saints fell 3-2 at home versus St. Gregory's in their most recent outing towards the end of September. RU is 5-3 on opponent home courts.
- Kristen Macy is the top hitter with 257 kills and is averaging 3.67 a frame. Tiera Misuraca is also in triple-digits with 180.
- Erika Styne (332) and Lynsey Moniz (225) have split time as the setters and lead the top two spots in assists.
- Katelyn Clark leads the team in blocks with 41. 19 have been solo blocks. Defensively the Saints have outdone their opponents in blocks 106-78 and digs 1,045-883.
Dallas enjoys a break with the rest of the weekend off. SCAC play resumes with the second divisional of the campaign held at Colorado College on October 13th-14th.