University of Dallas welcomes Freshman Class of 2018
"I am looking forward to be coaching these young ladies and see their growth as a student-athlete at University of Dallas. They will add great depth and competition in our volleyball program." Coach Trautmann
Lexi Shafer, Libero from Sugar Land, Texas. Some of her accomplishments include:
- 2016 Region 23-6A Academic All District
- 2016 UIL 6A Volleyball Region 3 Runner up
- 2017 District 23-6A Academic All District
- 2017 Academic All-State
Why UD? UD is giving me the opportunity to play the sport I passionately love while obtaining a great education and building lifelong friendships. I'm looking forward to becoming a part of the UD community.
Aurora Rodriguez, Outside Hitter/Defense Specialist from Westwood, Kansas. Some of her accomplishments include:
- NHS member
- MoKan All-Star team
- First Team All-Academic Team
- GPA Award
- American legion Auxiliary Alumni Scholarship
Why UD? I am glad I found this school. The individualized environment is perfect for being a student-athlete, they have multiple academic concentrations, and the catholic atmosphere is one that you can't help but feel at peace. Lastly, the genuine joy that is present is amazing to experience and makes the whole environment approachable and stimulating.
Dayjah Whyte, Middle Hitter from Round Rock, Texas. Some of her accomplishments include:
- Academic All District in volleyball
- 1st team All District in volleyball as well
- Maintained above a 4.0 GPA all four years of High School
Why UD? I look forward to receiving an excellent education while being able to travel during the Rome semester. I can't wait to not only make an impact on the UD volleyball team, but most of all have fun!
Isabel Garcia, Rightside Hitter from San Antonio, Texas. Some of her accomplishments include:
- Freshman year placed in the silver level for the National Spanish Exam and sophomore year earned honorable mention
- High honor roll first two years of high school and honor roll junior and senior year
- In 2016 inducted into the National Honor Society and currently in it
- 2016 earned second team all-district, and in 2017 second team all- district along with academic all-state
Why UD? I have attended Catholic school all four years. Coming into UDVB I am excited to continue to play at the next level alongside great teammates, and against competitive teams that will continue to challenge us. I couldn't be more excited to be a crusader!
Ellise Anable, Outside Hitter from Phoenix, Arizona. Some of her accomplishments include:
- Female Athlete of the Year 2018
- Inducted into the Society of Women Scholars (SOWS)
- Inducted into Math Honors Society (Mu Alpha Theta)
- Inducted into NHS
- Freshmen mentor 2017-2018 (Link Leaders)
- Selected 2nd team all-region volleyball 2017
- Offensive Player of the Year 2016
- Varsity MVP 2017
- Volleyball all district team 2017 (PVUSD)
Why UD? I am looking forward to joining the UD community and meeting new people. I can't wait to play volleyball at a higher level and be part of a team with so much talent.
Jordyn Fields, Middle Hitter from Thornton, Colorado. Some of her accomplishments include:
- 4 Year letter winner
- Sportsmanship Award 2014
- Honorable Mention 2015/2016
- 2nd Team all-conference 2017
- Most Valuable Player (MVP) 2016/2017
Why UD? I am really looking forward to the challenging classes, and all the reading involved in the core curriculum.
Brook Jefferson, Outside Hitter from Pearland, Texas. Some of her accomplishments include:
- Most Valuable Player" (MVP) 2016/2017
- 1st Team All-District 2017/2018, 2nd Team All-District 2016/2017,
- Academic All-District Team 2016/2017 and 2017/2018,
- Club team won the AVC Dallas 18's National Qualifier earning a bid to the Junior Nationals Tournament this season in Anaheim, California.
- Member of the National Honor Society (NHS) in 2016/2017 and 2017/2018
Why UD? UD is a good fit for me because it will allow me to be a part of a competitive volleyball conference. UD will also provide me with a strong academic environment in which I can excel, while pursuing my degree in Environmental Science, and the opportunity to study abroad.
Savannah Walker, Rightside Hitter from San Antiono, Texas. Some of her accomplishments include:
- Broke school record 100m dash
- Broke school record 4x200 m relay
- National Honor Society
- Regional track qualifier
- 2nd year varsity letter
Why UD? I am looking forward to UD because it is not only a great school academically, the environment as well as peers are very subtle and I am extremely excited to play volleyball in the fall.
Emma Holland, Outside Hitter/Defense Specialist from Waukesha, Wisconsin. Some of her accomplishments include:
- 3 year Varsity letterman
- Won conference and was the WIAA State Champs
- Played club volleyball at Milwaukee Sting for 5 years, won the Great Lakes Power League, won JVA World Challenge in Kansas City, as well as being in the top 10 teams at Nationals
- Coached an 11's team this past year. Amazing experience that not only allowed me to teach young girls how to play volleyball, but helped me to grow my love for the game.
Why UD? As soon as I had visited UD, I knew it was where I belonged. The people were so friendly and I know it sounds cliché, but it felt like a home away from home. I was drawn to UD because of its true Catholic identity and vibrant faith-centered culture. The Core Curriculum also stood out to me because I was looking for a school that would be academically rigorous, and have a supportive faculty. I also knew that I wanted to travel abroad, and no other school had a program that even came close to the Rome Program. Finally, I have the opportunity to play volleyball which has been a dream of mine since I started playing. I had no idea that I would be going this far away from home, but I can't wait for the new experiences ahead of me.
Abigail Porras, Outside Hitter/Rightside Hitter from El Paso, Texas. Some of her accomplishments include:
- 4-year varsity letterman player
- Academic All-District 2014-2018
- 2017 Second team All-District
- 2018 First team All-District
Why UD? I loved the campus environment and most of all I really like what the volleyball program had to offer me as well as the academic aspect of the university it will allow me to excel in my future career as a physical therapist. I am looking forward to getting to know my teammates and making lasting memories with them on and off the court.