HOW TO FOLLOW
Multimedia Coverage: Livestats/Video
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
The University of Dallas baseball team will travel to Millsaps College for a single, nine-inning game on Friday and Saturday. Both start times are listed at 11 a.m. Originally, the Crusaders were scheduled to play two neutral site opponents in addition to the host school over a three-day span. However, bad weather all week and predicted through the weekend made most of the teams unable to travel.
The Crusaders (3-5) are seeking their first road win this season. They dropped a doubleheader last Thursday at Howard Payne University. The game was shortened in the bottom of the fifth due to darkness, with UD down 10-8.
THREE THINGS TO KNOW FOR UD
- Nathan Patton (McKinney, Texas) and Josh Abalos (Lewisville, Texas) have represented the Crusaders on d3baseball.com Team of the Week. Patton ranks atop the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) in RBI (13). Abalos is fourth in the league with a .560 batting average.
- Patton, Abalos, and Mark Peterson (Cincinnati, Ohio) are top-three in base hits with double-digit totals. The trio have respectively notched 14, 13, and 10. Patton (11) and Abalos (10) are the top two in runs scored. Patton and Peterson are tied for the team-lead in doubles with three apiece.
- Jordan Stickler (Grand Rapids, Mich.) has reached base safely in all eight games to keep his 39-game streak dating to February 28th, 2017, at East Texas Baptist University. The centerfielder has walked in six contests this young season.
BY THE NUMBERS
- The Crusaders won the lone matchup between these teams in history, but that was prior to the 2004 season.
- Dallas played three neutral game sites a year ago at Twenty Field, and dropped each of them.
SCOUTING THE MAJORS
- Millsaps College is 6-3 on the year and 6-1 at home.
- The Majors fell 7-1 this past Tuesday at No. 16 University of Texas at Tyler.
- They are 3-1 in one-run games, including a 7-6 walk-off in 10 innings to North Park University. MC also has pulled an upset on No. 10 LaGrange.
- Brennan Ducote (15), Jimmy Johnstone (13), Andy Page (12), and Chase Callaway (11) form the top quartet of hitters with double-digit totals for base knocks. Ducote is team leader for doubles (3), home runs (1), and RBI (7).
- Langston Haden and Kelley Gunn each have a 0.00 ERA with multiple appearances. In two outings, Haden has thrown 8.1 innings, while Gunn has made three appearances. Barrett Kaul holds the lowest ERA among starters with a 3.00 in three starts.
Dallas is off for nearly two weeks before opening a season-long, seven-game home stretch through most of March. A non-conference series with Blackburn College (IL) starts on Mar. 11th.