HOW TO FOLLOW
Multimedia Coverage: Livestats
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
The University of Dallas baseball team will not have to travel far for its next scheduled series over in Fort Worth. The Crusaders (3-7) added a three-game series with Texas Wesleyan University. On Saturday, two seven-inning contests are slated to begin at 12 p.m. On Sunday, nine-inning game is down to begin at 1 p.m.
The games will be played at Sycamore Park. Directions can be found here.
Dallas is looking to end a four-game slide, and seeking its first away win this spring. Last time out, UD fell 11-8 on Saturday at Millsaps College.
THREE THINGS TO KNOW FOR UD
- Two players are tied for the team-lead in hits with 14 apiece. Nathan Patton (McKinney, Texas) and Josh Abalos (Lewisville, Texas) form the tandem. Abalos has scored the most runs (12), and Patton has driven in 14 runs.
- Jordan Stickler (Grand Rapids, Mich.) is tied with Patton with 11 runs scored for second on the squad. Stickler, Patton, and Luke Boylson (Fairview, Texas) form a leading trio of individuals that have been hit by a pitch four times. UD has been plunked 19 times.
- Six different starters have been used by the Crusaders. Conrad Voss (Corona, Calif.) and Austin Anderson (Waxahachie, Texas) are the only pitchers to toe the rubber multiple starts with three each. Tyler Montemayor (Boerne, Texas) has thrown the most innings (14.1).
BY THE NUMBERS
- All-Time Series: Dallas is 9-13
- These programs last met on the diamond in 2012. Dallas won in the most recent meeting, 10-5. The Rams won the other matchup at LaGrave Field 6-3.
SCOUTING THE RAMS
- Texas Wesleyan holds an 11-2 record and 6-0 mark in the Sooner Athletic Conference (SAC). It is a member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA).
- The Rams have won six straight and have played all their contests at home so far.
- A quartet of players have eclipsed double-digits in hits. Kiki Menendez (19), Ted Wisdom (16), Michael Davilla (13), and Cory Gallegos (10) form the unit.
- Menendez as also smacked five doubles and three home runs for team-bests.
- Stephen Yancey owns one complete game in four appearances (all starts). He boasts a 4-0 record with a 0.67 earned-run-average through 27 innings pitched.
Dallas is back home for the next seven games and 10-of-13 through the rest of March. A three-game, non-conference series goes from Mar. 11th-12th with Blackburn College.