HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
Dates: March 11th (DH – 7 innings, 9 innings) | March 12th (9 innings)
Times: March 11th starts at 12 p.m. | March 12th starts at 1 p.m.
Opponent: Blackburn College
Location: Crusader Field
The University of Dallas baseball team will enjoy being at home for most of the remainder of the month. After playing 10-of-13 away contests to start the campaign, the Crusaders (5-8) will be home for that same amount starting with three non-conference games with Blackburn.
Dallas is coming off a 2-1 series win at No. 6 (NAIA) Texas Wesleyan University. After winning a pair of seven-inning games on Saturday, the Crusaders fell 5-4 in 11 innings.
The Crusaders did well in their only home series about a month ago with Mississippi University for Women. UD went 3-0 in those games, with the final home appearance being a walk-off by Nathan Patton (McKinney, Texas).
- Jordan Stickler (Grand Rapids, Mich.) has reached base safely in all 13 games this season. That streak extends to 44 since last year.
- Dallas as a team is batting .272, with 103 hits, 81 runs, 18 doubles, three triples, and 69 RBI. The Crusaders have walked 58 times, while being hit by a pitch 23 times.
- Jessup Scott (Lewiston, Idaho) is hitting .474 overall, with a 2-for-3, double, two runs, two walks, and a steal in his most recent game.
BY THE NUMBERS
- All-time Series: 1-1
- These teams only have met one year (April 18th, 2009). The pair of games were in Carlinville, Illinois. UD won 12-5 game 1 and lost 3-1 in game 2.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
- Blackburn is 1-6 overall on the year.
- They defeated Lawrence last Saturday, 5-4, before dropping their most recent appearance on Sunday to Loras (8-1).
- All seven contests for the Beavers have been on neutral turf.
- Ryan Steen is the lone hitter in double-digits with 11 total. He has smacked a pair of doubles and homers. Ry Clark is the team leader in runs-batted-in with seven. Steen follows with six and Walter Jarvis is next with five.
- The pitching staff has compiled an 8.02 ERA, while allowing 94 runs compared to the Beavers scoring 34. Tyler Durand has thrown 12 innings for a team-high. He joins Jarrett Sandlin and Jonathan Stepp in the group of starters with a pair of such appearances on the mound.
Dallas begins Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) play with the defending regular season and tournament champions, No. 8 Centenary College, at home on March 17th-18th.