HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
Dates: April 13th (9 innings) | April 14th (7 innings) (DH)
Times: April 13th 4 p.m. | April 14th starts at 12 p.m. (DH)
Opponent: Dallas Christian College
Records: Dallas Christian College (N/A) | Dallas (9-20, 2-10 SCAC)
Location: Irving, Texas, Crusader Field (April 13th) | Dallas, Texas (April 14th)
The University of Dallas baseball team will play Dallas Christian College for three games over this weekend in a non-conference series. The Crusaders will host DCC in Irving on Friday with a 4 p.m. first pitch, and then will travel up the road for two road games on Saturday.
Dallas was swept last weekend to No. 12 Texas Lutheran University. The Crusaders were outscored 21-6, and did not score more than three runs in their lowest scoring series of the spring.
Friday's home game will have student-broadcaster, Kevin McGuirk, on the call. All three contests will have livestats available.
- Nathan Patton (McKinney, Texas) ranks third in the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) with a batting average (.425) and runs-batted-in (33). Patton is also tied fifth in the league for doubles (9).
- Jordan Stickler (Grand Rapids, Mich.) holds the conference-lead in stolen bases (21), and is second in walks (29).
- Joseph Vondrachek (North St. Paul, Minn.) has recorded a hit in seven-of-eight games and his last five. During his hit streak, the freshman shortstop has logged eight hits in his last 16 at bats.
- UD has used eight different starters this season.
BY THE NUMBERS
- All-Time Series: UD leads 9-2
- In 2017, Dallas won all three games throughout the campaign (8-7 | 13-12 | 17-3).
- Among those wins included an eight-run rally with the Crusaders down to their final out. The only game that was not a one-run difference was on the road.
ABOUT DALLAS CHRISTIAN COLLEGE
- DCC is a member of the National Christian College Athletic Association (NCCAA).
- The opposing Crusaders have played common foes: Schreiner University, Texas Wesleyan, and Arlington Baptist College.
Dallas will face a tough opponent with No. 1 Trinity University in San Antonio on April 21st and 22nd. First pitch both dates will be 1 p.m. with a doubleheader starting the series off.