HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
Dates: April 21st (9 innings) (DH) | April 22nd (9 innings)
Times: April 21st 1 p.m. (DH) | April 22nd starts at 1 p.m.
Opponent: Trinity University
Records: Trinity University (28-4, 10-2 SCAC) | Dallas (12-20, 2-10 SCAC)
Location: San Antonio, Texas
The University of Dallas baseball team travels for its most challenging opponent of the 2018 season, as it goes to play three games at No. 1 Trinity University this weekend. A doubleheader is slated on Saturday, with the series finale on Sunday. Both dates have 1 p.m. start times.
Dallas matched its season-high three wins in a row, sweeping Dallas Christian College last weekend. The offense compiled 37 runs in the non-conference series, as the team won 18-4, 11-7, and 8-3. All three contests were seven innings. It was the second three-game sweep UD achieved this spring.
- Nathan Patton (McKinney, Texas) continues to bat over .450 with a .458-clip (Leads SCAC). He eclipsed the half-century mark for base hits with 54. The third baseman also boasts a team-high 40 RBI (3rd SCAC).
- Jordan Stickler (Grand Rapids, Mich.) leads the league in stolen bases with 23. He leads the team with 11 hit by pitches. Luke Boylson (Fairview, Texas) also reached double-digits in the last weekend series with a pair to increase his total to 10.
- The Crusaders are batting exactly .300 as a team.
- Mark Peterson (Cincinnati, Ohio) is hitting safely in four of his past five games. The stretch includes three multi-hit games. One of those was at No. 12 Texas Lutheran University.
- Dallas surpassed 200 runs scored for the first season since 2014. UD posted 216 that season. The current group has notched 209 and still has a minimum of six games on the docket.
- Conrad Voss (Corona, Calif.) is the team leader in strikeouts (42). He has appeared in half the team's games (16) on the mound, including five starts. Two of them occurred the last two series openers.
BY THE NUMBERS
- All-Time Series: UD is 5-38
- In 2017, the Crusaders were topped in three games at Crusader Field. The scores were: 8-0, 5-3, and 10-3.
- Last time in San Antonio, the Tigers were defeated all three games.
- UD last beat Trinity on March 22nd, 2014, in a 10-inning 9-8 thriller. The Tigers were number 1 at that time as well, and rallied three runs down in the ninth to force extras.
A LOOK AT THE TIGERS
- Trinity ranks atop d3baseball.com for consecutive weeks.
- The Tigers currently rank tied for the conference lead with Centenary College.
- Trinity is 8-1 at home, and are seeking to get back on track after back-to-back losses on consecutive days last week at Schreiner University and Southwestern University.
- TU fell 3-2 in 10 innings at Schreiner University for the upset in the third game of the series. The most recent setback was an 8-7 score at Southwestern University in a non-conference countable event.
- The offense is batting a .326 average. This includes 383 hits, 294 runs, 268 RBI, and 27 homers.
- Rafe Chaumette highlights the lineup with 53 hits and 43 ribbies. His slash line is .405/.461/.634. Parker Cormack and John Tucker are the leaders in doubles with 10 apiece. Michael Goodrich has blasted six round-trippers.
- On the bump, Brendan Meyer has collected the most winning decisions (6) for the team. Kevin Flores and James Nittoli are tied with five wins apiece.
Dallas concludes the regular season with a three-game series April 28th-29th at home versus Schreiner University.