Dallas Twitter: @UDallasSports
Men's Basketball Twitter: @UDallasMBB
Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
The University of Dallas men's basketball team (3-5) host Carroll University (WI) on Thursday at 6 p.m. It is only the second time this campaign the Crusaders are playing in the friendly confines. The other appearance was the first date this month, where UD scored a season-high 103 points in a huge victory versus Southwestern Adventist University.
Dallas has enjoyed over a week away for Christmas Break. The most recent outing resulted in the Crusaders falling in the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) opener at Colorado College, 74-55.
Poor weather left UD in Colorado longer than anticipated, and the most recent scheduled contest in Irving on Dec. 18 was postponed and rescheduled date has yet to be announced.
- Prince Giadolor (Rockwall, Texas) paces the team with 99 points and is averaging a 12.4-mark. Also surpassing double figures in points-per-game (ppg) are Michael Sarrat (Colleyville, Texas) with 11.6 and Darrius Colvin (Waco, Texas) with 10.6.
- Giadolor is shooting 51.9 percent from the field and ranks fourth in the SCAC. Tom Kaiser (Nashville, Tenn.) has attempted fewer shots but been effective making 66.7 percent to lead the league.
- Colvin is the team leader in rebounds with 59. He ties Kaiser with 12 offensive boards. Giadolor is second overall with 42.
- Giadolor leads the team in assists 34. Lorenzo Gonazlez (San Antonio, Texas) also has surpassed 30 dimes with 31 total.
- Victor Garate (Austin, Texas) surged at the three-point line last time, going 3-of-4 to help pour a season-high 14 points. The senior's performance lifted him to second in the conference with a 46.2 three-point shooting percentage.
A LOOK AT THE PIONEERS
Carroll University (6-3) is coming off an 85-78 setback to Loras College about a week ago. The Pioneers are currently in the midst of a six-game road stint. They are 4-2 in away games this season. Carroll has averaged 81.1 points while limiting the opposition to 75.
A trio of players are above triple-digits in points with Tanner Zaeske leading the group with 151 points. He is also averaging the most with a 16.8-clip. Kyle Keranen follows closely at 147 points and 16.3 ppg. Ben Widdes rounds out the group with 116 points and 12.9 ppg. Finally Joel Heesch and Tyler Ingebrigtsen are averaging 11.0 and 10.4 points, respectively.
Carroll closely matches up with its opponents in rebounds, trailing 289-286 overall. Zaeske headlines the individuals with 40 boards. Ingebrigtsen is right behind at 37. Widdes tops the team in assists (40) and steals (19). Keranen is second in both categories with 28 dimes and 15 balls swiped.
Tomorrow is the first time these programs will play each other on the court.
Dallas begins 2017 with three straight at the friendly confines. The first of a long continued home stand will feature Rhodes College on January 2 at 2 p.m. After that, the Crusaders resume SCAC play with Southwestern University (Jan. 6) and Texas Lutheran University (Jan. 8).