HOW TO FOLLOW
(Mississippi University for Women): Livestats
(Millsaps College): Livestats/Video
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Basketball Twitter: @UDallasMBB
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Basketball Facebook: University of Dallas Basketball (Official)
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Basketball Instagram: udallasmbb
UD Basketball YouTube: Univeristy of Dallas Men's Basketball
The University of Dallas men's basketball team continues its holiday break with a pair of games in the Millsaps College Thanksgiving Tournament over the weekend at host Millsaps College. The Crusaders will play a neutral site game with Mississippi University for Women on November 24, at 1 p.m. The Crusaders tip-off with the host school on Nov. 25 at 5 p.m.
Dallas (0-2) has dropped its first two games this season, both on the road. The Crusaders have fallen into double-digit deficits in the first half each time and been unable to recover. The latest outing was a 91-76 setback at University of the Ozarks.
Letrell Toussaint (Waco, Texas) recorded his first collegiate double-double with 14 points and 10 rebounds in Tuesday's loss.
THREE THINGS TO KNOW FOR UD
- Dallas is shooting 78.7 percent (48-61) from the free throw line. Joshua Nunn (St. Louis, Mo.) and Toussaint each have registered double-digits in makes with 13 and 10, respectively at the stripe in a game.
- Dustin Mathis (Fort Worth, Texas) has notched double figures in scoring both contests – his first two of his career. Each performance was a new personal-best with the latest being 12 points.
- The Crusaders have outscored their opponents 87-86 in the second half. The season opener, UD matched its foe in scoring and then the most recent game outscored by a single-point.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Dallas and the Owls will meet for the first time in history.
- The Crusaders hold an all-time record of 9-13 versus the Majors.
- Dallas claimed last year's matchup in the Maher Center, 73-68.
- The previous meeting in the Hangar Dome was the 2014-15 campaign (L, 63-57)
SCOUTING THE OPPONENTS
(Mississippi University for Women)
- The Owls sit 0-4 this season with only one loss away from the home confines.
- Their most recent game was a two-point setback at Southern University of New Orleans (72-70).
- MUW is led in scoring by Keith Harris with 11.3 points-per-game (ppg). Ill'yan Scott and Shon Wright also average double figures with 10.5 and 10.0 points, respectively.
- DJ Clark is the team's top rebounder with 9.3 boards per contest (37 total).
-The Majors are unbeaten this season with a 3-0 mark, and 1-0 with their season opener being their lone home tip.
- Last weekend, Millsaps claimed two wins in the SAA/SCAC Challenge by topping Austin College, 86-74, and Centenary College, 81-76 (OT).
- Millsaps will host Howard Payne University on Saturday prior to playing the Crusaders.
- The Majors are averaging 84.7 ppg and limiting opponents to 72.0.
- Michael Sullivan and She'Chem Grant are the top scorers on the squad with 12.7 and 10.7 ppg, respectively.
- Justin Van Pelt holds the team-lead in rebounds with 22, but a quintet of players have reached double-digits, as the Majors hold a 146-105 edge on the glass compared to the opposition.
Dallas plays home at the Maher Center for the first time this season as the calendar turns to December. On Dec. 1, the Crusaders host Millsaps College for their second straight meeting. Tip-off is slated for around 7:30 p.m. following the women's basketball tilt. Dallas will follow the next day with its second matchup of the season with Hendrix College at 3 p.m.