HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Basketball Twitter: @UDallasMBB
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Basketball Facebook: University of Dallas Basketball (Official)
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Basketball Instagram: udallasmbb
The University of Dallas men's basketball team will try to keep its four-game winning streak going with non-conference foe Arlington Baptist University on Tuesday. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m.
Dallas (5-8) surged back after a 1-8 start and six-game losing streak with four wins – all against SCAC opponents. The latest was an 84-77 victory over Southwestern University at the Maher Center. The recent triumphs included wins over conference preseason favorite Trinity University and an unblemished SCAC record for the Pirates.
THREE THINGS TO KNOW FOR UD
- Michael Wambsganss (Denver, Colo.) was selected SCAC Player of the Week for the Crusaders. He has recorded double-doubles in his past two outings and is the team's leading scorer (161 points) and leading rebounder (63).
- Logan Fruhwirth (Waynesville, Ohio) has recorded double figures in points the last six contests.
- A quartet of Crusaders have eclipsed 100 points on the season for scoring. Besides Wambsganss, Joshua Nunn (St. Louis, Mo.) with 132, Fruhwirth with 117, and Dustin Mathis (Fort Worth, Texas) with 101 complete the group.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
BY THE NUMBERS
- All-time record: UD leads 9-3
- Dallas has won the last two meetings, with a victory at each venue. In 2016-17 at the Maher Center, UD won 94-91 in double overtime.
- A season ago, the Crusaders poured a season-high 103 points in a 31-point triumph. Wambsganss went 8-for-12 from the field and 5-for-9 from three to equal 21 points. Nunn and Mathis chipped in 12 and nine, respectively.
A LOOK AT THE PATRIOTS
- Arlington Baptist enters 5-11 on the season.
- The Patriots are members of the National Christian College Athletic Association (NCCAA).
- Kennedy Jones leads the squad with 220 points and is averaging 14.7 points. He is also the top rebounder with a 6.5-clip.
- Jashun Petite and Jordan Williams are averaging 11.7 and 10.3 points, respectively.
- Williams has dished 51 assists to lead all players in that category.
Dallas returns to SCAC play with the next five against such opponents. On January 18 and 19 the Crusaders head to Texas Lutheran University and Southwestern University for road tips.