HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Basketball Twitter: @UDallasMBB
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Basketball Facebook: University of Dallas Basketball (Official)
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Basketball Instagram: udallasmbb
The University of Dallas men's basketball team makes a quick trip up to Sherman, Texas, on Tuesday, January 29. The Crusaders will play Austin College at 8 p.m. following the women's basketball tilt.
Dallas (7-11, 5-5 SCAC) has dropped three-of-four in conference after a reeling off five straight wins overall. The Crusaders split the home weekend games with a win over Colorado College (70-49) and setback to Johnson & Wales University (78-68).
THREE THINGS TO NOTE FOR UD
- Michael Wambsganss (Denver, Colo.) is the top scorer averaging 12.5 points and leads with total rebounds with 92.
- Joshua Nunn (St. Louis, Mo.) is the other Crusader averaging double figures, and has reached the double-digit plateau in five of the past six outings.
- Ben Norton (Louisville, Ky.) has been a force off the bench in seven gams back. The senior has grabbed 26 of his 41 boards on the offensive glass, including 10 last Saturday.
BY THE NUMBERS
- The 'Roos claimed the earlier meeting at the Maher Center with a 66-61 final. Dallas had led 38-24 at the break.
- Dallas won the matchup last season at Hughey Gym, 99-89. Nunn and Wambsganss combined for 37 points with Nun hitting 10 free throws. The team scored 52 points in the second half to balloon a five-point halftime lead.
AUSTIN COLLEGE NOTES
- The 'Roos are 7-11 overall and 3-6 in SCAC play, as they fight for one of the remaining seeds for the conference tournament.
- AC is 4-5 at home and split last week's SCAC slate with a huge 76-68 win over Centenary College before dropping a two-point overtime loss to Schreiner University (76-74).
- Kam Hogan is the leading scorer with 14.5 points. Devin Roland follows with a 13.4-clip.
- Holland has been the top rebounder with 7.5 per contest.
- With nine games both home and away, the 'Roos are averaging 77.2 points at the friendly confines compared to 69.
Dallas hosts Southwestern Adventist University at 8:30 p.m. this Saturday, February 2. This opens a four-game home stand and will be the final non-conference matchup for the Crusaders this season.