HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Basketball Twitter: @UDallasMBB
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Basketball Facebook: University of Dallas Basketball (Official)
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Basketball Instagram: udallasmbb
The University of Dallas men's basketball team has the weekend off from conference play and will host Southwestern Adventist University on Saturday to begin a four-game home stand. It will be a late night tilt starting around 8:30 p.m. after the women's basketball game.
This is the final non-conference matchup this season for UD, who are coming off an 87-70 victory at Austin College on Tuesday.
Michael Wambsganss (Denver, Colo.) sank a season-high 29 points that included 4-of-5 from three and making his last nine straight free throws to help seal the win. Wambsganss and John Russell (Bossier, La.) each recorded a double-double with 10 rebounds apiece to go with scoring double figures. The last time Dallas had a pair of players with double-doubles was last season at Austin College, as well. Spencer Levi (23 points, 13 rebounds) and Darrius Colvin (12 points, 10 rebounds) achieved the feat.
THREE THINGS TO KNOW FOR UD
- Wambsganss is the leading scorer with 13.4 points-per-game (ppg). He is also leading the squad in three's (44) and rebounds (102). He is the first player on the team to eclipse triple-digits on the glass and that marks a personal-best.
- Joshua Nunn (St. Louis, Mo.) remains the other scorer on the team averaging double-digits with a 10.7 scoring clip.
- Dustin Mathis (Fort Worth, Texas) leads the team in assists with 61 and has four games with at least six. Nunn also has surpassed 50 dimes with 55.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
BY THE NUMBERS
- Dallas holds a 14-2 record all-time against the Knights.
- The Crusaders fell 59-56 in Keene, Texas, last season.
- Travis Gagau led the team with 29 points. Sitivi Fehoko had 14 points and 13 boards for a double-double.
- Dallas' leading returners in that game are Wambsganss and Nunn with nine and eight points, respectively.
- The Crusaders had won the previous seven meetings before that game, including four in Irving. The most recent game in the Maher Center was a 103-60 final on December 1, 2016.
SCOUTING THE KNIGHTS
- Southwestern Adventist is 8-12 on the season, having won two straight.
- Hold a 2-5 mark on the road.
- Part of the USCAA Men's Division II
- Led by Gagau with 22.2 ppg. Fatai Eke has averaged 13.5, while Sitivi Fehoko is right behind at 12.9.
- Eke leads the boards for the team with 9.5 a contest.
Dallas finishes the remaining five games of the 2018-19 season in conference play with three outings next week at home. On Tuesday, UD tips-off versus Centenary College at 7:30 p.m.