HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Men's Lacrosse Twitter: @UDallasMLAX
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Men's Lacrosse Instagram: udmenslacrosse
The University of Dallas men's lacrosse team heads to Fontbonne University for its first road match of 2018. Dallas (1-1) will take on the Griffins on Saturday at 2 p.m.
The Crusaders are coming off a 9-7 triumph last Sunday to Marian University. Tyler Smith (Snoqualmie, Wash.) produced his third career hat trick, which included two crucial goals in the final quarter. Tucker Jameson (Mechanicsville, Md.) was the other player to net multiple goals (2), and J.P. Hasson (Fairfax, Va.) dished two assists to go with a goal for three points.
The home win snapped a 10-game slide going back to March 8th, 2016.
THREE THINGS TO KNOW FOR UD
- Smith is atop most statistical categories including: goals (5), points (7), groundballs (7), and is 7-10 in faceoffs.
- Christian Lopez (Las Vegas, Nev.) has logged nine saves in two outings, while facing 58 shots in the goalkeeper role.
BY THE NUMBERS
- All-time series: Crusaders are 1-2.
- A year ago, the teams played at Millsaps College in a neutral site contest. The Crusaders won 8-5. Fontbonne was in its first season back since it cancelled the 2016 campaign.
- Early logged two goals and Jake Frederick (Coppell, Texas) posted a goal and assist.
SCOUTING THE GRIFFINS
- Fontbonne dropped its season opener last Saturday versus Saint Mary (Kan.) in a 20-9 decision.
- In 2017, the team went 1-10 overall.
- The Griffins were outshot 49-22 in the opening match. 14 of their attempts were on cage.
- Dalton Teague produced a hat trick with three goals. Connor Mallett and Alex Scott contributed a pair of goals apiece. The team had six assists from five different players.
- Nick Fresta worked 60 minutes between the pipes and had 13 saves.
- Brian Nguyen was the leader on offense last year with 11 goals, nine assists, and 20 points. He had a goal in Saturday's setback.
Dallas returns home for the next three games. On the last day of February, UD hosts Johnson & Wales University (CO) at 3:30 p.m. Later that week on Saturday, March 3rd, the Crusaders host Hendrix College. That match is also at 3:30 p.m.