HOW TO FOLLOW
Multimedia Coverage: Livestats
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Men's Lacrosse Twitter: @UDallasMLAX
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Men's Lacrosse Instagram: udmenslacrosse
Dates: April 7th
Time: 1 p.m.
Opponent: Southwestern University
Records: Schreiner (8-6) | Dallas (6-6)
Location: Irving, Texas, Crusader Field
The University of Dallas men's lacrosse team hosts Southwestern University at 1 p.m. on Saturday. This will be the final match of the season for the Crusaders, who have already won the most games in program history.
Coming off a two-game road trip last weekend, Dallas split by winning a 6-5 overtime contest at Becker College. The Crusaders were doomed by a 6-1 second half on Monday at Salem State, after going into the break tied a 3-3.
- Tyler Smith (Snoqualmie, Wash.) leads the team in goals (28) and points (37). Those marks along with his nine assists are all personal-bests. He also now has 104 career faceoff wins in two seasons.
- J.P. Hasson (Fairfax, Va.) ranks second on the squad in points with 30. He has amassed a point in all 12 contests, and scored a goal in all-but the season opener. His 19 netters complete the top three scorers.
- Tucker Jameson (Mechanicsville, Md.) remains second on the team in goals with 21.
- Jake Frederick (Coppell, Texas) registered his 12th assist to grab sole possession of the team-high.
- Since returning to action three games ago, Chasen Reynolds (Fallbrook, Cailf.) has scored in every match, and has 10 goals altogether.
- The first quarter is the lone one of regulation that UD has outscored its opposition in (28-27).
- Christian Lopez (Las Vegas, Nev.) has stopped 136 shots on cage. He has eclipsed double-digits the last three outings, and eight times overall.
- Bogar Trout III (Tecumseh, Mich.) has hustled for a team-leading 39 groundballs. He has garnered at least four in five matches this year. Hasson also has achieved at least 30 groundballs with 33 total.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Overall Series: Dallas is 0-6
A LOOK AT THE PIRATES
- Southwestern defeated Carroll University in a neutral site match in Irving two weeks ago in its most recent game.
- The Pirates are 0-2 on the road, but have won all three neutral site games including the site of Saturday's tilt.
- As a team, the Pirates have amassed 188 goals (13.43 goals-per-game) and 127 assists. A trio of players stand out on the team with at least 30 goals and 50 points.
- Zac Asbury headlines the statistical columns with 72 points thanks to a team-leading 42 assists and 30 goals.
- Matt Amerie has scored 39 goals to lead that category. His 12 assists give him 51 points. Kai Knight-Turcan is the other member of this offensive trio with 32 goals and 18 assists for 50 points.
- Achilles Armendariz leads the team in groundballs with 70 and has won a team-high 147 faceoffs.
- Kyle Kuberski is the primary goalkeeper with 122 saves in 690:10 minutes. His save percentage is 46.7 and goals-allowed average is 12.08.