SEGUIN, Texas – The University of Dallas men's track and field team competed in the second day of the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) Championship hosted at Texas Lutheran University.
The Bulldogs won the Championship with 280 points tallied. Trinity University was the next closest with 228 points. Colorado College completed the top-three with 56 points for a big drop-off happening with the rest of the field.
Dallas claimed fifth overall, but individually posted several career and season-best results. This included a school record being broken for the fourth straight conference championship year. Charles Obegolu (Dallas, Texas), Kevin McGuirk (Front Royal, Va.), Patrick Andrews (Irving, Texas), and Prince Giadolor (Rockwall, Texas) were part of the record-breaking 4x100 Meter Relay with a 43.53 time. This is the second time Giadolor has earned a record by running in that event.
- The 4x100m Relay result counted for third place (6 points) and set the new record. The previous mark was 44.05 at the United States Collegiate Athletic Assocation (USCAA) Championships on April 30th, 2016, in Delhi, New York.
- Andrews, Isaiah Hayes (Arlington, Texas), McGuirk, and Giadolor ran a 3:37.08 for a season-best in the 4x400 Meter Relay.
- Logan Fruhwirth (Waynesville, Ohio) hit a pair of personal records (PRs) in Javelin Throw (41.00 meters) and High Jump (1.77m).
- Charles Obegolu (Dallas, Texas) added the other UD PR in a throwing event by hitting a 29.30m in Discus Throw.
- Cecilio Huitron (El Paso, Texas) PR'd in 200 Meter-Dash (24.52)
- John James (Metairie, La.) ran season-best in the 5,000 Meter Run (17:51.24).
- Shivam Mishra (Jamshedpur, India) ran a PR in the 800 Meters (2:22.42), and clocked the quickest time among three Crusaders in that event.
- Patrick Andrews (Irving, Texas) grabbed a PR in 400-Meter Hurdles (1:04.15).
- Kevin McGuirk (Front Royal, Va.) bruised his toe falling on the last hurdle and jogged the final 10 meters to drop from third in the 400m Hurdles. He still scored his fourth fastest time of the spring with a 1:00.72.