UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
Softball Twitter: @UDallasSoftball
Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
The University of Dallas softball team is home for the first time in April and closes the regular season out with back-to-back Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) series. Starting off the eight-game homestand is four with Centenary College on Apr. 13-14. Due to the Easter Break, the normal weekend contests have been pushed up. Thursday's twinbill begins at 5 p.m. and Friday's will be at 1 p.m.
The University of Dallas is having a campus-wide electrical shutdown on Friday from 5 a.m. – around 2:30 p.m. Games will be played at the usual facilities and generators will be used to power normal operations.
Dallas is 9-23 overall and 4-12 in conference play. The Crusaders have dropped the last 10 games, and are coming off a series sweep at No. 12 Texas Lutheran University.
- Jade Miller (Plano, Texas) reached base a team-high 22 times before the second game at TLU last weekend. Her personal long 14-game hitting streak was also snapped.
- Miller remains the team leader in most offensive categories that include: batting average (.478), slugging pct. (.685), on base pct. (.515), hits (44), doubles (7), triples (3), home runs (2), and stolen bases (21).
- She remains first in the SCAC in hitting and third in the United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA) in steals. In NCAA Division III, Miller is tied for 24th in successful base swipes and tied 44th in total hits.
- Melanie Savala (Bryan, Texas) is hitting .279 and second on the squad in hits with 24 and steals (11-13).
- As a team, the Crusaders have 61 steals which ranks third in the SCAC.
- Katie Lee (Houston, Texas) has thrown 93 innings this season. The program record-holder has now pitched in 116 contests and logged 635 career innings.
SCOUTING THE LADIES
- Centenary College is 11-19 overall on the year and 8-8 in conference play.
- The Ladies have dropped the past three games after taking the first contest over Southwestern last week in their final home series of the spring.
- Centenary is fourth currently in the league standings.
- Anna Dunn leads the Maroon and White with 25 hits and has belted three home runs. The team has four round-trippers altogether. She is tied with Wendy Gillet in doubles (7).
- Cassie Gonzales has etched a team-best .348 batting average and is the other player on the squad to surpass 20 hits with 23. Four of them have been doubles.
- Gillet has driven in 18 and Dunn is right behind with 17. Haley Campbell rounds out the trio with 11.
- Payton LeBlanc has stolen 21 bases with is tied with UD's Miller. The team as a whole ranks second in conference for base thefts (76).
- Nichole Aldridge has tossed 111.1 innings and posted a 7-10 record. She has 70 strikeouts and spun a 2.51 ERA. Lauren Beadle has posted a 2.92 ERA-clip in 48 frames.
- These teams are even in the overall series against each other (9-9).
- Last year, Centenary went 3-2 against the Crusaders. The regular season series was split in Shreveport, and then the Ladies won in the tournament elimination game.
- Three of those contests went extra innings.
- In 2015, Dallas won its home series 3-1. (W, 2-0 | L, 2-1 | W, 3-2 | W, 10-1 (6 inn.))
Dallas will host Austin College Apr. 22-23 with both doubleheaders slated to begin at 12 p.m. That Sunday will be Senior Day for a quartet of players: Avery Finch (Jamul, Calif.), Alexandria Compte (Houston, Texas), Kotlar, and Lee.