HOW TO FOLLOW
Multimedia Coverage: Video (Saturday's Games)
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Softball Twitter: @UDallasSoftball
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Softball Facebook: University of Dallas Softball
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Softball Instagram: udallas_softball
Dates: March 30th (7 innings) (DH) | March 31st (7 innings) (DH)
Times: March 30th starts at 12 p.m. | March 31st starts at 12 p.m.
Opponent: Trinity University
Records: Trinity (11-13, 4-8 SCAC) | Dallas (5-13, 0-4 SCAC)
Location: Irving, Texas, Crusader Field
The University of Dallas softball team continues a six-game home stand with its second Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) opponent to visit the friendly confines this spring, Trinity University.
Dallas is coming off a bye weekend in league play. The most recent time on the diamond was over a week ago with McMurry University. After dropping an 8-inning contest, UD rallied with a 7-run fifth to claim the split 11-6. The Crusaders ripped 14 hits, with eight counting for extra-bases.
The Crusaders recent series at Austin College two weekends ago will now be counted as non-conference. The 'Roos have cancelled the remainder of the spring season, and the Athletic Directors of the SCAC institutions voted to approve the change earlier this week. Dallas was AC's lone conference opponent thus far. The 3-1 record still contributes to UD's overall mark, and now the only conference games still down are with nationally ranked Texas Lutheran University.
- Liz Cordova (Oklahoma City, Okla.) is hitting a team-high .380 batting average. She has totaled 28 bases to lead the team. She has tallied 19 hits (3rd UD), with four doubles (tied 2nd), a triple, and homer.
- Gabbie Underwood (La Verne, Calif.) is another freshman that has emerged as a big threat in the middle of the order. She earned the most recent SCAC Offensive Player of the Week and is riding a seven-game hit streak.
- During that stretch, she has six multi-hit performances – propelling her to a team-high 21 hits. For the campaign she is hitting .375 (10th in SCAC), with 10 runs scored, and 14 runs driven in (1st on UD).
- Alicia Enciso (Corona, Cailf.) is the team leader in runs scored 13 and second on the squad with 20 hits.
- Maggie Watts (Arcadia, La.) leads the pitching staff in appearances (11), starts (9), wins (3), innings pitched (62.0), and earned run average (3.27).
BY THE NUMBERS
- All-Time Series: Dallas is 9-19
- The Crusaders won the road series 3-1 at San Antonio last year. (W, 3-0 | W, 3-1 | W, 3-2 | L, 2-0).
- In 2016 at Irving, the teams split the four-game set. Each team swept a single day twinbill.
A LOOK AT THE TIGERS
- Trinity was swept last weekend in conference play to Texas Lutheran.
- The Tigers are 8-10 in away matchups.
- Rebecca Berreth leads the offense with a .337 batting average, 28 hits, 12 doubles, 20 RBI, and 15 runs. Sara McCarty has hit .328 with 20 hits and 10 runs scored. The team leader in stolen bases is a perfect 6-for-6.
- Stephanie Crumrine has ripped a team-high four home runs and driven in 19 runners – which is 2nd on the squad.
- Allie Holbrook has thrown 74 innings in the circle and yielded a 3.97 ERA. Adrienne Edwards is the other hurler with at least 50 innings tossed (55.2). Overall, TU has used five pitchers.
The next month begins with a four-game road series on at Schreiner University on April 7th-8th. The first day features a doubleheader starting at 1 p.m. and the next day has a 12 p.m. start scheduled.
Dallas follows with a mid-week road doubleheader outside of conference play with Concordia University on Apr. 11th. The matchups are rescheduled from Spring Break when weather earlier this spring forced the Tornados to move an ASC matchup to the date.