HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Softball Twitter: @UDallasSoftball
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Softball Facebook: University of Dallas Softball
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Softball Instagram: udallas_softball
Dates: April 7th (7 innings) (DH) | April 8th (7 innings) (DH)
Times: April 7th starts at 1 p.m. | April 8th starts at 12 p.m.
Opponent: Schreiner University
Records: Schreiner (18-11, 9-7 SCAC) | Dallas (6-16, 1-7 SCAC)
Location: Kerrville, Texas
The University of Dallas softball team returns to the diamond for another Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) series this weekend at Schreiner University. The Crusaders play a four-game series with a pair of twinbills on Saturday and Sunday.
Dallas dropped last weekend's home series to Trinity University, as it took the finale 7-3. Six runs in the second inning propelled the team ahead the rest of the game. The Crusaders did limit the Tigers to no more than three runs in the series.
- Gabbie Underwood (La Verne, Calif.) is hitting a .377 average for highest on the team. She paces a quintet of players with at least 20 base knocks with 26. She is the leader on the team in runs driven in with 16. The first baseman has hit safely in 12-of-14 contests. This includes a recent nine-game hit streak.
- Alicia Enciso (Corona, Calif.), Caitlyn Stevenson (Henderson, Nev.), Liz Cordova (Oklahoma City, Okla.), and Mel Savala (Bryan, Texas) also eclipse 20 hits on the year respectively with 24, 22, 21, and 20.
- Enciso leads the team with 14 runs scored. Mackenzie Tano (Wylie, Texas) follows with 11, and then the quartet of Underwood, Cordova, Stevenson, and Savala all have recorded 10.
- Enciso and Julie Duenas (Houston, Texas) rank atop the team in walks with 11 apiece. UD holds a 64-29 edge over opponents in free passes.
- Maggie Watts (Arcadia, La.) and Lauren Galvan (Bryan, Texas) have earned half the team's wins in the circle with three. Watts yields a 3.03 ERA with 23 strikeouts over 78.2 innings. Galvan has tossed 62.2 innings and has allowed the same number of earned runs (34) as Watts.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Overall Series: Dallas is 10-11
- In 2017 at Irving, UD went 1-3 in the regular season series. Tano tied the triples single-game record in a 4-3 victory. The most recent game of that series was decided in nine innings (7-6).
- Dallas was edged 10-7 in the First Round of the SCAC Tournament hosted at Texas Lutheran University.
- Two seasons ago in Kerrville, the Crusaders won the series 3-1. The lone setback was 5-4 in game two on the first day.
A LOOK AT THE MOUNTAINEERS
- Schreiner was home last weekend and got swept by No. 2 Texas Lutheran University. After competing in a 2-1 result, the Mountaineers were outscored 29-2 the rest of the series.
- SU still sits second in the conference for total wins (18) and league wins (9). The series with the Crusaders is the last conference series before the postseason due to Austin College cancelling its season.
- Five players are batting above .300 led by Alyssa Maki with a .378 average. Kaylee Atchley (.340), Alyssa Hernandez (.325), Samantha Cordon (.315), and Gabriella Acuna (.304) are also part of the group.
- The Mountaineers have amassed 244 hits, with 10 players in double-digits. 49 of those knocks have counted for doubles and 12 have left the yard.
- Rachel Brown (4), Maki (3), and Acuna (3) have done the most damage with the long ball.
- Hernandez is the only player in double figures for steals with 11. The team has swiped 44 total.
- Hannah Ortiz has garnered an 11-4 record, 2.18 ERA, four shutouts, and stuck out 41 in 93 innings. The other main arm for SU is Jessica Vrana. In 15 appearances, she has gone 75.1 innings on the year and posted a 2.79 ERA with 42 punchouts.
Dallas plays April 11th at Concordia University in a makeup series from last month. After that, the Crusaders finish the 10-game road stretch at Centenary College on Apr. 14th-15th.