HOW TO FOLLOW
(Judson College): None available
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Softball Twitter: @UDallasSoftball
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Softball Facebook: University of Dallas Softball
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Softball Instagram: udallas_softball
Dates/Times: March 13 (1 PM & 3 PM) | March 14 (10 AM & 12 PM)
Opponents: Mississippi University for Women (Mar. 13) | Judson College (Mar. 14)
Records: Dallas (3-9 | MUW (9-2) | Judson (10-6)
Location: (MUW): Columbus, Miss., Don Usher Softball Field | (Judson): Marion, Ala.
The University of Dallas softball team continues its busy road stretch this week with a pair of non-conference doubleheaders at Mississippi University for Women and Judson College.
Dallas has dropped its past two weekend series, which includes a 0-4 start to Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) play at Texas Lutheran University. The Crusaders gave the preseason favorite and five-time SCAC Tournament Champion a good fight on Saturday, limiting the Bulldogs to two hits in a 2-0 setback and leading early in a 6-3 game two final.
- A quartet of Crusaders have eclipsed double-digits for hits with Julie Duenas (Houston, Texas) leading the way with 15. Liz Cordova (Oklahoma City, Okla.), Caitlynn Stevenson (Henderson, Nev.), and Bri Torres (Cypress, Texas) join the group with 10 apiece.
- The Crusaders have collected 14 doubles while surrendering 15. Cordova leads UD with three two-baggers.
- Nine different players have combined for the team's 23 walks. Eight have earned multiple free passes. Karina Campo (Georgetown, Texas) leads the team with four.
- Paige Rasmuessen (El Campo, Texas) and Campo have thrown at least 30 innings and combined for 10 of the team's 12 starts.
- Dallas has used six different pitchers in the circle this season.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Dallas will play both teams for the first time in program history.
- All three schools are members of the United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA)
ABOUT THE OPPONENTS
(Mississippi University for Women)
- The Owls are 7-2 at home.
- The Owls have won three straight, with the latest an 11-0 final to sweep Penn State Du Bois.
- MUW has accumulated 104 hits, 99 runs, 20 doubles, and 84 RBI.
- Four hitters: Heidi Matthews (15), Bailee Watts (14), Carolyn Wilkinson (13), and Kristen Martin (10) have achieved double-digit hits. Wilkinson is the top run producer with 18 ribbies.
- Madison Scoggin (28.1), Amelia Stalter (17.0), and Ciara Steward (15.2) have logged most of the innings in the pitching circle. Scoggin has fanned 26 batters.
- The Eagles dropped their most recent outing on Mar. 9 to Covenant College by a 6-5 final. They won the first game of the twinbill, 4-0 and had won six straight prior.
- The offense has generated 112 runs on 155 hits and driven in 50. That offense boasts 50 hits for extra bases, including 38 doubles and 10 home runs.
- Taylor Hutto and Ashtin Morris have belted seven homers between the two with four and three, respectively. Hutto is the team leader with 21 ribbies.
- Eight players with at least 11 games and 28 at bats are north of the .300 batting average. The team batting average is .350 compared to the .241-clip by the opposition.
- Three pitchers have thrown the most innings for the Eagles led by Hutto with a 5-2 record. In 38 innings, she has allowed just six runs and struck out 45. Kaley Patterson and Sarah Lippeatt have sat down 29 and 22, respectively, via a strikeout help lift the team's staff total to 103. Four strikeouts are not amongst this trio and those two arms have combined for three innings pitched.
Dallas is home this weekend and resumes conference play with Schreiner University. The doubleheaders each day are set to begin at 12 p.m.