HOW TO FOLLOW
(Saturday, April 6)| Video: Games 1/2 (Weather Permitting)
(Sunday, April 7) Video: Games 3/4 (Weather Permitting)
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Softball Twitter: @UDallasSoftball
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Softball Facebook: University of Dallas Softball
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Softball Instagram: udallas_softball
Dates/Times: April 6 (2 PM & 4 PM) | April 7 (12 PM & 2 PM)
Opponents: Austin College
Records: Austin (0-27, 0-16 SCAC), Dallas (6-24, 1-15 SCAC)
Location: Crusader Field, Irving, Texas
The University of Dallas softball team is home a final time this season, as it hosts Austin College this weekend for a four-game series. With expected inclement weather in the forecast. Saturday's start times have been pushed back to 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. Keep up with the latest changes on udallasathletics.com
The Crusaders are coming off a 1-3 record at Trinity University that gave them their first win in Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) play.
Both teams this weekend have eight league games remaining, so this series will be a determining factor in the sixth seed of the SCAC Tournament at Centenary College on Apr. 26-28.
- Julie Duenas (Houston, Texas) is hitting .432 for third in the SCAC. She also remains tied for second in home runs (4) in the league. The third baseman is on an active nine-game hitting streak. Her longest this season was 11.
- Caitlyn Stevenson (Henderson, Nev.) is another hitter heating up batting .330 with 34 hits. Both are second on the squad. She is tied with Duenas for total extra-base hits (9). She has hit safely in 9-of-12 games.
- Madison Coutts (Tampa, Fla.) and Bri Torres (Cypress, Texas) are tied for the team-lead in walks with nine apiece. Coutts combined for five hits over three games at Trinity, while scoring twice and driving in a run. Torres had a perfect 4-for-4 in the series finale.
- Karina Campo (Georgetown, Texas) leads the team with 13 appearances and 11 starts in the circle. She has logged 60.2 innings and struck out 22.
- Lindsay Devlin (Leander, Texas) picked up the win last weekend for her first decision and has thrown in five of the last seven games after combining for 2 innings in two games before that point of the season.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Series Record: UD leads 33-25
- Dallas went 3-1 (8-0 F/6, 8-10, 8-0 F/5, 9-0) in Sherman last season.
- Liz Cordova (Oklahoma City, Okla.) homered in game 4, while Duenas had a pair of perfect games (4-4, 3-3) at the plate. She combined for six RBI in those games.
- Dallas also was 3-1 the last time these teams met in Irving for a series (2017).
A LOOK AT THE 'ROOS
- Austin College is seeking its first win of the season.
- The 'Roos are coming off a four-game series versus top-25 ranked Texas Lutheran University.
- A trio of hitters are tied for the team-lead with 23. Emma Martinez, Mari Prazak, and Jaide Vidal form the unit. Martinez leads the team with five doubles.
- Vidal and Prazak are the lone players in double-digits for runs scored with 13 and 11, respectively.
- Jordan Proctor has thrown 68.1 innings to lead the pitching staff. Taylor Groover is the other player seeing significant time with 50.2 innings.
Dallas finishes the regular season with six road contests. On Apr. 16 the Crusaders play LeTourneau University in a non-conference twinbill. They end at Southwestern University on Apr. 19-20.