UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Women's Basketball Twitter: @udallaswbb
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
The University of Dallas women's basketball team embarks on a three-game road trip starting Tuesday at Hendrix College. Tip-off is scheduled for 5:30 p.m.
The Crusaders (1-0) started the new campaign in the win column after topping Dallas Christian 70-45 on Wednesday night.
3 TAKEAWAYS FROM OPENER
- Michelle DeCoud (Monument, Colo.) tied a game-high 19 points and pulled nine rebounds. Her pair of blocks increased her all-time total to 99.
- DeCoud paced a quartet of Crusaders that netted double figures. Helen Onyenso (Oak Park, Ill.) posted a double-double with 14 points and 11 rebounds. Celsi Caraway (Arlington, Texas) also had 14 points and Jules Oliveti (Southlake, Texas) chipped in 10 off the bench.
- Panda Green (Farmersville, Texas) dished a personal-high 10 assists and had half of the team's total.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
BY THE NUMBERS
- Dallas is 4-26 overall against the Warriors
- Last season, UD fell in both contests with one of them being in overtime. At Conway, the Crusaders were downed 64-48.
- The Warriors are 2-1 on the young campaign. They split at the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference/Southern Athletic Association Challenge this past weekend with a loss to the host school Austin College (81-66) and win over Centenary (58-51).
- In the victory against the Ladies on Sunday, Madison Martin scored team-highs in points (14) and rebounds (12) for a double-double. Leah Boehl added 10 points and Heather Prowse grabbed seven boards.
- Tuesday's game versus the Crusaders is the home opener for Hendrix.
- In 2016-17, the Warriors went 18-11 overall and 9-5 in the SAA. They were 8-4 at the friendly confines.
Dallas continues its road stint up into the Midwest on November 25th-26th. The Crusaders will play at Illinois Tech at 1 p.m. and then conclude the trip at Concordia Chicago at 2 p.m.