HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
The University of Dallas women's basketball team continues its four-game road trip this Friday at Centenary College and go to Austin College on Saturday. Tip-off times for each respective matchup are around 7:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. after the men's games.
Dallas (8-12, 2-7 SCAC) split last weekend on the road. Things started with the Crusaders erupting for a 27-10 fourth quarter en route to a 64-52 victory at Texas Lutheran University. The next day, the Crusaders were topped by eight (59-51) at Southwestern University.
THREE THINGS TO KNOW
- Despite Michelle DeCoud (Monument, Colo.) being held under 10 points for the first time all season in both outings on the road trip, she remains third in the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) with 17.0 points-per-game (ppg). The senior forward still was a force on the boards with 21 combined. Her 9.2 average on the year ranks second in the SCAC.
- DeCoud's classmate Helen Onyenso (Oak Park, Ill.) climbed into the league's top-five rankings for rebounds with 7.1 per game (4th). She has recorded more offensive rebounds (73) than defensive (69). Onyenso is also second on the team in scoring with 10.6 ppg.
- Madilyne Borjon (San Antonio, Texas) has connected on at least one three-pointer in eight of the past nine contests. This includes her 5-for-7 performance last week at TLU, where the freshman was dialed in for 19 points.
EARLIER SEASON MATCHUPS
- Dallas claimed its first SCAC win this season at home over Centenary College. It was a game that featured big runs on both sides during the middle of the game. The final six points of the game belonged to UD, as DeCoud led with a double-double 19 points and 14 rebounds. Full Recap
- The Crusaders were edged by Austin College in the first matchup this season, 79-46. A 27-7 start was too much for Dallas to overcome. Borjon and Jules Oliveti (Southlake, Texas) led the team with 11 points. The 'Roos enter the weekend atop the SCAC. Full Recap
BY THE NUMBERS
- The Crusaders edged Centenary in 2016-17 at the Gold Dome 72-64. DeCoud poured a career-high 34 points (13-23 FG), grabbed 15 boards, and tallied four blocks.
- UD was edged at Austin College 64-59.
Dallas returns home a final time this season with Trinity University on Feb. 9th and Schreiner University on Feb. 11th.