HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
The University of Dallas women's basketball team finishes the 2018 regular season on Saturday at Colorado College. Tip-off will follow the men's basketball game around 3 p.m. (MST).
The Crusaders (9-15, 3-10 SCAC) are coming off a big Senior Day win last Sunday over Schreiner University in 71-54 fashion. Michelle DeCoud (Monument, Colo.) recorded her 10th double-double with 23 points and 14 rebounds. Vanessa Diaz (San Antonio, Texas) tossed in 19 points, and Helen Onyenso (Oak Park, ill.) grabbed a team-high 15 boards.
THREE THINGS TO KNOW FOR UD
- DeCoud ranks top-five among the SCAC Leaders. She is 2nd in rebounds-per-game (9.2), 3rd in points-per-game (17.2), and 4th in field goal percentage (47.9).
- The forward leads the team in most categories including: points, rebounds, free throws (82), steals (48), and blocks (36).
- Helen Onyenso (Oak Park, Ill.) is second on the team in rebounds with 182 total and 7.6 per contest. She is tied third in the league.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- DeCoud Player of the Week Interview:
These teams opened conference play with each other, but last played in the middle of December. Colorado College won 65-57 in that matchup, outscoring the Crusaders by 10 in the middle two quarters. DeCoud and Celsi Caraway (Arlington, Texas) scored above double-digits with 22 and 17, respectively. CC made eight 3-pointers and were led by McKenzee Gertz with 18 points. Full Recap
BY THE NUMBERS
- The Tigers are 8-16 overall and 5-8 in conference.
- Dallas fell 51-46 in Colorado Springs in 2017. DeCoud earned a double-double with 12 points and 13 rebounds. UD shot 21.9 percent from the floor.
- The past two meetings have gone to Colorado College in the Mountain Standard Time Zone. The last time the Crusaders won was January 18th, 2015 in a 92-86 overtime result. DeCoud socred 27 points behind 12-of-16 field goal shooting.