HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Basketball Twitter: @dallaswbb
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
The University of Dallas women's basketball team will be back on the court to host Hendrix College (AR) on Friday after a 13-day break. First tip is set for 5:30 p.m. The Crusaders (0-6) were edged 65-54 by Millsaps College in their last contest. Dallas will hope to finish with a strong outing before starting conference play next week.
THREE THINGS TO KNOW FOR UD
- Dallas has outrebounded its previous opponents 247-242 on the season.
- Vanessa Diaz (San Antonio, Texas) leads UD with 81 points scored, averaging 13.5 per game.
- Faith Starnes (Bryan, Texas) has the team lead shooting .341 percent from behind the arc.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Hendrix holds a 27-5 all-time record in this matchup.
- Dallas won the last meeting 57-53 inside the Maher Center back on December 19, 2017. That win snapped a Hendrix eight-game winning streak against UD dating back to the 2012 season.
SCOUTING THE WARRIORS
- The Warriors (5-2) are coming off a 57-56 buzzer beater win over Texas Lutheran University on December 2 to earn its first win in program history over TLU.
- Vinessa Daniel is leading Hendrix with 150 points scored, averaging 21.4 per game.
- Daniel also has come down with 53 boards to lead the team, including 38 on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Warriors are shooting .391 from the field.
- Hendrix is 2-0 on the road on the 2018-19 campaign.
Dallas will begin conference play next week with two matchups. The Crusaders will travel to Centenary College on Tuesday (12/18) and then turnaround to host Austin College on Wednesday (12/19). Both games will tip-off at 2 p.m.