HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Basketball Twitter: @dallaswbb
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
The University of Dallas women's basketball team will begin conference play this week. The Crusaders, (0-7) who are coming off a setback to Hendrix College in their last outing, will travel to Centenary College on Tuesday (12/18). Dallas will then host Austin College on Wednesday (12/19). Both games will tip at 2 p.m.
THREE THINGS TO KNOW FOR UD
- Vanessa Diaz (San Antonio, Texas) sits in second place among SCAC players with 8.7 rebounds-per-game.
- UD is averaging 14.1 offensive boards-per-game.
- Diaz leads UD with 13.4 points-per-game.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Dallas owns a 9-5 all-time record over the Ladies. Centenary won the last meeting 78-64 in Shreveport.
- Austin College owns a 39-16 all-time record over UD. The 'Roos won both games last season.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENTS
- Bre Frierson sits in fifth place in the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) with a 52.1 field goal percentage.
- Priya Ponia leads the team with a 40.9 three-point percentage, which is good enough for fifth best in the SCAC.
- The Ladies (2-6) are coming off back-to-back wins over Southeastern Baptist and Letourneau University.
- Centenary has committed 20.9 turnovers-per-game.
- Bryce Frank has a team-leading and conference-best 11.1 rebounds-per-game.
- Frank is leading the SCAC with 18.5 points-per-game.
- The 'Roos (7-1) are coming off an 87-46 victory over Hendrix College.
- Kacie West and Reagan Chiaverini sit in third and fourth place, respectively in 3-point percentage in the SCAC.
- Austin College will play Trinity University on Tuesday before traveling to Irving.
Dallas will break for Christmas before traveling to Colorado for two more conference games. The Crusaders will be at Colorado College on Saturday (12/29) at 1 p.m. (MST) UD will then travel to Denver to take on Johnson & Wales University on Sunday (12/30) at 12 p.m. (MST).