HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
The University of Dallas women's basketball team will hit the road for two conference tests. The Crusaders (1-13, 1-5 SCAC) will play at Texas Lutheran University on Friday at 5:30 p.m. UD will then travel to Southwestern University on Saturday. First tip is scheduled for 4:00 p.m. Dallas is coming off a 55-38 home loss to Southwestern last Saturday. Jules Oliveti (Southlake, Texas) had a career night notching 14 points and 15 rebounds to complete the double-double.
THREE THINGS TO KNOW FOR UD
- In the 14 games played this year, Vanessa Diaz (San Antonio, Texas) has reached double-digit points in 12 games including 11 in a row.
- Diaz continues to be a force on the boards, as she sits in third place among all Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) players averaging 8.6 rebounds-per-game.
- UD is scoring its most points per quarter in the 1st frame (190).
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
BY THE NUMBERS
- TLU holds an 11-3 all-time record versus UD. Dallas won the last meeting, which occurred on January 26, 2018, 64-52 at TLU. Diaz helped lead the Crusaders to victory by contributing 14 points and five rebounds.
- SU won the first meetings this year in Irving last Saturday. Four different Pirates scored double-digit points in the win. Courtney Maass led the quartet with 11 points.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENTS
(Texas Lutheran University)
- The Bulldogs (10-7, 6-2 SCAC) are coming off a 71-64 victory over Southwestern on Tuesday (1/15).
- Abby Hroch is leading the Bulldogs with 162 points on the year, averaging 9.5 points-per-game.
- TLU is shooting 63 percent from the free-throw line.
- The Bulldogs are shooting 29 percent from three-point range.
- Morgan Rodriguez and Hroch are both shooting above 40 percent from the field.
- The Pirates (6-10, 5-2 SCAC) are coming off a 71-64 setback to TLU on Tuesday.
- SU was held to one made three-pointer vs. TLU, going 1-7 (14.3 percent)
- Cecily Woolfolk is leading the Pirates in scoring, averaging 13.9 points-per-game.
- SU committed 24 turnovers in the loss at TLU.
- The Pirates are averaging 63.2 points-per-game.
Dallas will be back home for the next two contests. The Crusaders will host Colorado College on Friday (1/25) at 5:30 p.m. UD will then face Johnson & Wales University (CO) on Saturday (1/26). First tip is set for 1:00 p.m.