HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
The University of Dallas women's basketball team is set to host two Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) opponents this weekend. The Crusader will play Colorado College on Friday evening at 5:30 p.m. UD will then face off against Johnson & Wales University (CO) on Saturday. First tip is set for 1:00 p.m. Dallas (1-15, 1-7 SCAC) is coming off two conference road setbacks at Texas Lutheran University and Southwestern University last weekend.
THREE THINGS TO KNOW FOR UD
- Dallas is averaging 18.8 free throw attempts-per-game.
- UD is outrebounding its opponents on the defensive glass 25.3-23.5.
- The Crusaders are holding opponents to a 40.6 field goal percentage.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Colorado College won the first meetings this season 74-45 back on December 29th in Colorado Springs. Vanessa Diaz (San Antonio, Texas) led UD with 13 points and six rebounds.
- Dallas beat Johnson & Wales University 76-72 on December 30th in Denver. Diaz led the Crusaders in that game with 21 points, while Gracie Williams (Midwest City, Okla.) contributed 14 points.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENTS
- The Tigers (8-10, 5-5 SCAC) are coming off a 74-49 loss to Trinity University last Saturday.
- McKenzee Gertz sits second among all SCAC players averaging 9.1 rebounds-per-game.
- Gertz leads the Tigers with 15.4 points-per-game.
- Nia Duplain has a 53.0 field goal percentage to lead CC.
- The Tigers are averaging 7.5 made three-pointers per game.
(Johnson & Wales University)
- The Wildcats (0-15, 0-10 SCAC) are coming off a 61-50 loss to Schreiner University in its last outing.
- Katey Guzman is averaging 16.7 points-per-game which is second-best among SCAC players.
- Shaylee Andreatta is leading the team with 6.5 rebounds-per-game.
- JWU is averaging 7.0 made three-pointers per game.
- The Wildcats are allowing 82.5 points-per-game.
Dallas will travel to Austin College on Tuesday (1/29). First tip is scheduled for 6:00 p.m.