HOW TO FOLLOW
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
The University of Dallas women's lacrosse team will play the last part of its Spring Break up in New York for a pair of matchups. On Friday, the Crusaders will take on SUNY Maritime College at 6 p.m. (EST), 5 p.m. (CST). Sunday, they go to the Bronx to face College of Mount Saint Vincent at 4 p.m. (EST), 3 p.m. (CST).
The Crusaders are 0-5 and coming off a four-game home stretch the past week.
- Lexi Leite (Houston, Texas) eclipsed 100 points for her career after a season-best four goals were tallied in the team's most recent game with Hendrix College. Leite's scoring performance also propelled her to the team-lead with 11.
- Erika Keever (Fort Worth, Texas) is the other scorer for the Crusaders with 10 overall. She has produced at least one in all five games.
- Emily Pauletti (Dallas, Texas) is the other UD player with multiple goals and has posted three in her first season with the squad.
- Lizz Winkler (St. Charles, Ill.) has posted 40 saves in 298:48 minutes in the goalkeeper position.
- Mason Cosgrove (Las Cruces, N.M.) and Lisa Archuleta (Modesto, Calif.) hold team-highs in groundballs and caused turnovers with 18 and seven, respectively. Dallas has outdone its opponents 106-99 in groundballs.
BY THE NUMBERS
- This is the first time UD will play these programs
A LOOK AT THE OPPONENTS
- The Privateers are 0-2 this season. Last time out was a 13-12 heartbreaker to Mass. Maritime.
- UD is the second matchup of a three-game home stand.
- Maritime is a member of the Skyline Conference.
- Krista Deleva is the leader in points (9), goals (6), and assists (3).
- Esmeralda Hernandez has made 20 saves in all 120 minutes in goal.
(Mt. St. Vincent)
- The Dolphins dropped their season opener 10-0 at Bryn Athyn last Saturday.
- A home matchup on Wednesday versus Curry College was cancelled.
- They also are a member of the Skyline Conference.
- In 2017, they posted a 2-13 record.
- Alicia Forgione and Shannon Dalton led the team with 17 goals apiece last season, and are both returners on this year's roster.
Dallas returns to the field in two weeks with its other road trip during March. On Mar. 30th, the Crusaders will play Carroll University in a neutral site match at Westminster College. The following day, Dallas will play the host team. Both matches are slated to be played at 4 p.m.