UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Women's Soccer Twitter: @UDallasWSoccer
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Women's Soccer Facebook: University of Dallas Women's Soccer
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
The University of Dallas women's soccer team begins Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) play at reigning regular season and conference tournament champion, No. 6 Trinity University, on Friday. Kickoff is slated for 6 p.m. Two days later the Crusaders are at Schreiner University for a noon start.
Dallas (1-3-1) is coming off a 0-1-1 weekend with the most recent setback being 3-1 at home to East Texas Baptist University. Despite the first five matches being non-conference, Friday's match will also be the first against a team outside of the American Southwest Conference (ASC).
- Vidimos is the team leader in points with five, as she has one of the three team assists.
- Olivia Severson (La Crosse, Wis.) has earned two shutouts and notched 19 saves in 290 minutes. Her save percentage (.864) is first in the SCAC.
- Dallas has displayed a 50.0 shots on goal percentage with 23-of-46 being on frame.
- Altogether, the Crusaders have totaled 475:52 minutes with two matches going to overtime. Both were on the road.
BY THE NUMBERS
- The Crusaders went 0-2 against Trinity last year with both results being shutouts. At San Antonio, UD allowed only one goal in the first half on an own goal. Four in the next stanza lifted fourth-ranked Trinity to a 5-0 final.
- Dallas is 20-4 versus the Mountaineers. Both matches in 2016 resulted in 2-0 setbacks at each venue. In the road match, UD surrendered both scores in the second half.
- The Tigers moved to sixth in the United Soccer Coaches NCAA Division III Women National Poll for matches played through September 12th.
- Trinity is 4-1 overall and will be opening league play against the Crusaders as well. TU is 3-0 at home with the most recent decision being a 5-0 victory over Concordia University, Monday.
- Two players have garnered three goals, with Halleanne Dure adding a second assist for a team-high eight points. Hannah Booher is the other player with a trio of goals and has seven points.
- A quintet of players have reached double-digits in shot attempts with Colleen Markey and Meredith Licata with 16 apiece.
- Kalli Douma has 14 saves in 370:19 minutes.
- The Mountaineers are 1-4 on the season and have dropped their past four in a row.
- Schreiner fell 2-1 at Sul Ross State University last Sunday.
- Ruth Blackburn collected SU's lone score. Jordin Toso made six saves in 90 minutes.
- Since a 3-0 win over East Texas Baptist University, the Mountaineers have only scored the lone from last Sunday.
- Schreiner is 1-2 against common opponents early in the year as the Crusaders. Besides the match with ETBU, Schreiner fell to LeTourneau University (1-0) and Concordia University (3-0) in back-to-back matchups.
Dallas returns home for the conference home opener on September 22nd versus Centenary College of Louisiana. The Crusaders will kickoff at 3 p.m. On the 24th, UD hosts Austin College at 12 p.m.