(Centenary College 9/22)
(Austin College 9/24)
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Women's Soccer Twitter: @UDallasWSoccer
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Women's Soccer Facebook: University of Dallas Women's Soccer
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
The University of Dallas women's soccer team returns to the home confines to play its first Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) games in Irving. Centenary College visits on Friday at 3 p.m. and Austin College makes the trip from Sherman on Sunday at 12 p.m.
Dallas (1-4-2, 0-1-1 SCAC) is seeking its first victory at home and in conference after two matches in each scenario. UD is coming off a 1-1 draw at Schreiner University last Sunday. Mackenzie Vasile (San Antonio, Texas) netted her first goal of the campaign in the early minutes of the second half, but the Mountaineers countered almost immediately and neither team broke the deadlock.
- The Crusaders have scored four goals in the first and second half to equal all eight this fall.
- A quartet of players have etched an assist apiece including: Elisa Duran (Pomona, Calif.), Vasile, Vidimos, and Jackson.
- Elena Naccari (Covington, La.) and Olivia Severson (La Crosse, Wis.) have shared time in the goalkeeper position. Naccari has four starts including both SCAC tilts last week. The senior has garnered 37 saves. Severson has 19 saves and an 86.4 save percentage to go with a 1-1-1 record.
- The Crusaders have matched their total number of matches from last season to go extra time. UD had a pair of ties, both on the road as well in 2016. Friday's opponent was the other overtime match and UD won at home 4-3.
BY THE NUMBERS
- The Crusaders are 7-3 against Centenary all-time and have won the previous five matches in Irving dating back to 2012. Duran and Samantha Haeick (Las Vegas, Nev.) scored in last year's home thriller.
- Dallas is 12-17-4 overall in matchups against the 'Roos. Last year the Crusaders went 0-1-1, and dropped the contest at home 1-0. A goal by Kyli Scott in the 71st minute decided the result. Tori Strunk and Ashley Rice earned the assists.
- The Ladies are tied with Texas Lutheran University atop the SCAC standings with 2-0-1 marks. Overall Centenary is 2-2-1.
- Centenary is 0-2 in matches away from the friendly confines.
- On the last three-game home stand, the Ladies topped Austin College 2-1, tied TLU 0-0, and then got a golden goal in the first extra frame to beat Southwestern 1-0 last Sunday.
- The offense has combined for three goals. Pamela Fonseca, Betzabet Bravo, and Kyra Montes have the scoring plays.
- Maggie Pitcher has performed all 471:32 minutes in the net and notched 31 saves against 84 shots faced.
- The 'Roos are 2-4 overall and 1-2 in SCAC play.
- AC is 1-2 both at home and on the road.
- Sarah Battles and Strunk each have a pair of goals for a quartet of points to lead the team. Kristi Stevens and Hassie Wortham also have goals. Wortham adds and assist to tie the team-high in points.
- Maya Erwin has played all six games and made four starts in the goalkeeper position. In 450 minutes, she has snagged 36 saves and has displayed an 81.8 save percentage.
Dallas is on the road as the calendar turns to October. On Sept. 29th, the Crusaders are at Texas Lutheran University for a 5 p.m. kickoff. The next month starts on day one with UD at Southwestern University.