UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Women's Soccer Twitter: @UDallasWSoccer
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Women's Soccer Facebook: University of Dallas Women's Soccer
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Women's Soccer Instagram: udallaswsoccer
The University of Dallas women's soccer team looks to get on the pitch this weekend with two matches on the schedule. The Crusaders will host Texas Lutheran University on Friday around 7 p.m. and Southwestern University on Sunday around 2 p.m. Both games will be played after the men's match.
Dallas (3-7-2, 2-5-1 SCAC) has been waiting on Mother Nature to cooperate with the rainfall the past week. The Crusaders have had two of their last four matches cancelled, with the latest being Centenary College.
- Elisa Duran (Pomona, Calif.) produced one of the goals in the tie last Friday to give her a personal-best and team-high four in a season. The junior is also the team-leader in points (11) and now has 25 in her career.
- Olivia Severson (La Crosse, Wis.) now has 145 saves over three campaigns for the junior goalkeeper. She has started the past seven matches – including six in conference.
Prior to Sunday's match with the Pirates, six Crusaders will be honored as part of Senior Day before the match. This includes: Sydney Stirling (McLean, Va.), Kasaundra Eason (Henderson, Nev.), Sarah Gamble (Allen, Texas), Katia Guzman (Pearland, Texas), Cosgrove, and Mariana Burciaga (Forney, Texas).
A LOOK AT THE OPPONENTS
- The Bulldogs enter 6-5-1 overall and 5-4 in the SCAC.
- They won their most recent outing versus Johnson & Wales University by a goal (1-0). Weather on Tuesday also cancelled their matchup with Southwestern.
- TLU is 2-4-1 on the road this season.
- Jaclyn Smolik leads the team with seven goals. Monique Sierra and Bailey Nimtz each had three.
- Stephanie Barrientos has logged the most goalkeeper minutes with 919:07. She has grabbed 60 saves against 116 shots faced.
- The Pirates sit 7-5 this season with a 5-3 conference record.
- Southwestern was edged 2-0 at Schreiner University last Sunday.
- Friday's match at Austin College has been cancelled, so UD is projected to be their next opponent on the road, which the Pirates are 2-2 in such games.
- Hallie Rutherford is the top scorer with six goals and has two assists to count for 14 points.
- Mary Cardone has worked all 1,005:58 minutes in goal. Her save percentage is .825 with a 1.25 goals-against average. She has five shutouts.
- Last season, the Crusaders fell in both games to TLU by 2-0 results.
- Dallas is 7-8-2 all-time against the Bulldogs.
- The Crusaders won at Georgetown last season with the game-winner in the 85th minute. Severson grabbed five saves.
- Dallas was edged in overtime in Irving a year ago.
- The all-time series for UD with the Pirates is 5-18-3.
Dallas play these teams again next weekend on the road, with the order flipping. The Crusaders will be at Southwestern on October 26 and Texas Lutheran on Oct. 28.