UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Women's Soccer Twitter: @UDallasWSoccer
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Women's Soccer Facebook: University of Dallas Women's Soccer
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Women's Soccer Instagram: udallaswsoccer
The University of Dallas women's soccer team opens conference tournament play at host site Trinity University. The No. 6 seed Crusaders will take on No. 3 seed Texas Lutheran University with a scheduled kickoff time of 1:30 p.m.
These teams met on the pitch last Sunday in Seguin, Texas, where the Bulldogs prevailed 1-0. On Friday, both sides will have squared off against each other once in the past three weeks and 3-of-5 previous matchups. The Crusaders tied TLU 0-0 in the first matchup.
Dallas holds a 3-10-3 overall record and 2-8-2 conference record. This trip to the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) Tournament is the first for Dallas since hosting it in Irving in 2015. Dallas dropped that match to Southwestern University on penalty kicks.
The Bulldogs posted an 8-5-3 overall record and 7-4-2 conference record. These programs have played once in SCAC Tournament action, which TLU prevailed 1-0 in the 2014 semi-final match.
- Elisa Duran (Pomona, Calif.) is the team leader in goals (4), assists (3), and points (11).
- Olivia Severson (La Crosse, Wis.) has made 87 saves and posted a .763 save percentage in 15 games (12 starts) at the goalkeeper position. Severson has posted double-digit marks in saves in three of the last four matches, including both against TLU.
- Duran, Lien Le, O'Donnell, and Severson earned SCAC All-Conference Honors.
- The Crusaders have eight freshmen that have appeared in at least 10 matches this season.
- Dallas holds a 3-3-1 record in SCAC Tournament matches
BY THE NUMBERS
The winner of this match will play the No. 2 seed Southwestern University in the SCAC Semifinals on Saturday.