NORTHAMPTON, Mass. – The University of Dallas women's track and field team competed at the Carla Coffey Invitational hosted by Smith College on Saturday. Diana Hassink (Tulsa, Okla.) won the Shot Put with an 11.48m throw. That was the first time she won the event. She also garnered top-five finishes in the Discus Throw (3rd) and Hammer Throw (4th).
This is the second straight meet UD has had a member of the team win an event this spring. Emma Kate Callahan (Overland Park, Kan.) claimed first in the 1,500 Meters a week ago at the 2nd Annual Dan Veach Invitational.
In addition to the field athletes placing well, several Crusaders notched a personal record (PR) or season-best result in most of the events this weekend. All five distance runners ran their best career result in either the 1,500 Meters or 5,000 Meters.
This was a home meet for Grace Conti (Boxford, Mass.), who has lettered every season with the program.
- Hassink threw a PR in the Discus (29.63m) and season-best in Hammer (36.21m).
- Jules Oliveti (Southlake, Texas) finished second in the Discus (32.34m) with the top UD mark. She also garnered the team's second top-5 result in the Shot with a PR (9.03m) for fourth.
- Hannah Green (Mission Viejo, Calif.) and Anna Brunk (Lemont, Ill.) broke their own Pole Vault records with a 2.95m (9'8") for the third best mark in the standings. Green took third on the tiebreaker.
- Conti notched a season-best in the Javelin Throw (18.51m).
- Helen Onyenso (Oak Park, Ill.) ran a 200 Meter-Dash PR (28.96) with a 16th finish out of 38 runners.
- Callahan took eighth in the 1,500m (5:26.07) and scored a PR in the 5,000m (20:27.16) for ninth.
- A quartet of runners ran a PR in the 1,500m. Joining Callahan included: Clare Hernandez (Dade City, Fla.) with a 5:35.79 (13th) time, Alondra Hurtado (Wichita Falls, Texas) with a 5:52.84, and Amy Foote (Saint Paul, Minn.) with a 5:55.51.
- Foote, Hurtado, and Mary Korth (McKinney, Texas) earned PRs in the 5,000m with respective times of 22:35.68, 22:51.18, and 22:59.23.
- Korth added a season-best in the 1,500m (6:00.52).
- Shelby Waldron (Banning, Calif.) competed in the 100 Meter-Dash for the first time.
Dallas concludes its stretch of four straight weekend competitions with the East Texas Invitational on April 14th. Texas A&M-Commerce will be hosting.