HOW TO FOLLOW
Information: Tournament Central
Multimedia Coverage: Video
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Track & Field Twitter: @UDallasCCTF
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
The University of Dallas women's track and field team competes in the Southern Collegiate Athletic Championship (SCAC) on Friday, April 27th through Saturday, April 28th. The meet will be hosted at Texas Lutheran University at Bulldog Stadium.
To see the full schedule of events, click here.
- Diana Hassink (Tulsa, Okla.) ranks first in the conference on TFRRS for her Shot Put record-breaking throw (11.98 Meters, 39'3.75") at the Marc Randle Classic (March 2nd). Hassink also checks in sixth in the Hammer Throw with her 36.21m (118'9") result at the Pioneer Invitational (Apr. 7).
- Jules Oliveti (Southlake, Texas) has emerged as the top thrower in Discus for UD in her first season. Her season-best mark (33.27m) at the most recent competition, East Texas Invitational), ranks 10th in TFRRS. She claimed second at the Pioneer Invitational.
- Anna Brunk (Lemont, Ill.) has improved her Javelin Throw each outing since beginning to compete it earlier this month. Her 20.37m throw at the East Texas Invitational is 13th on TFRRS.
- Hassink projects to throw in all four events (Shot, Hammer, Discus, and Javelin) this weekend. It would be her career debut in Javelin.
- Emma Kate Callahan (Overland Park, Kan.) projects to race the 800 Meters and 10,000 Meters (10k). The dual-sport cross country runner will be debuting this spring in the 10k. Her 2:30.43 time in the 800m two weekends ago slots 10th on TFRRS.
- Both 4x100m and 4x400m relay teams will look to score points. Brunk, Hannah Green (Mission Viejo, Calif.), Panda Green (Farmersville, Texas), and Helen Onyenso (Oak Park, Ill.) combined to run a season-best (55.49) in the 4x100m Relay at East Texas Invitational.
- Clare Hernandez (Dade City, Fla.) will be racing in the 3,000 Meters Steeplechase for the second time this spring and in consecutive meets.
- Brunk and Green are tied fifth on TFFRS as they share the Pole Vault record (2.95m, 9'8"), which was achieved at the Pioneer Invitational (Apr. 7th).
- The freshmen pole vault tandem have broken the school record multiple times this season. Brunk achieved the feat the first trio of competitions, and then Green then tied the 2.90m mark (at the time) at The Dan Veach Invitational. Both competitors then matched the current record at the following meet.
- Callahan won the 1,500 Meters (5:12.51) at The Dan Veach Invitational.
- Hassink placed first in Shot Put at the Pioneer Invitational. That helped achieve her second SCAC Field Athlete of the Week Honor this spring.
- At the 2017 SCAC Championships, Hassink claimed second place in the Shot Put (11.71m) and broke the Hammer Throw Record for the program.
- Dallas has achieved record-breaking feats the last two SCAC Championship, and three of last four.