(9/22 vs. Austin College): Livestats
(9/22 vs. Colorado College): Livestats
(9/23 vs. Centenary College of Louisiana): Livestats
UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Volleyball Twitter: @UDallasVball
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Volleyball Instagram: udvball
The University of Dallas volleyball team is set for another road tournament this Saturday and Sunday. The Crusaders will compete in their first conference matches on the season in the SCAC Divisional Crossover hosted by Southwestern University. Dallas (7-3, 0-0 SCAC) will play Austin College at 10:00 a.m. and Colorado College at 5:00 p.m. on Saturday. The Crusaders will continue play against Southwestern University at 10:00 a.m. and Centenary College of Louisiana at 2:00 p.m. on Sunday.
-This is the first season that Dallas has been above .500 in the first 10 games since the 2010 team won on its first 12 matches.
- Dayjah Whyte (Round Rock, Texas) was named United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA) Player of the Week. Whyte paced the offense over the pair of games with 27 kills, including a career-high 15 against Randall University.
- Elizabeth Smith (Broken Arrow, Okla.) was named USCAA Setter of the Week. Smith tallied 67 assists over two matches and posted a double-double in the home-opening win with 31 assists and 10 digs. She matched her season-high 36 assists in UD's victory over Randall University
- Whyte, who is the team leader in kills with 102, also ranks fifth in the Sothern Collegiate Athletic Association with 2.91 kills per set.
- Lexi Shafer (Sugar Land, Texas) leads the SCAC with 0.58 aces per set.
A LOOK AT THE OPPONENTS
- The 'Roos (7-4, 2-1 SCAC) are coming off a 3-1 loss in their last outing against Trinity University.
- Mayson Kennon leads the team with 104 kills. She is averaging 2.97 per set.
- Brooklyn Talley leads the 'Roos with 191 assists.
- Austin has a 51-7 all-time series lead against Dallas. Austin swept both matches with Dallas last season.
- The Tigers (11-0, 0-0 SCAC) are coming off a 3-0 sweep against Covenant College (GA).
- CC is ranked second in the American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) for Division III.
-Margo Spaethling leads the SCAC in hitting percentage with a .392 and blocks-per-set with 1.03.
- Colorado College swept both games with the Crusaders last season.
- The Pirates (4-5, 2-1 SCAC) are coming off a five set win against Concordia University.
- Jamison Duck is the team-leader with 92 kills.
- Brandi Campos leads the defense with 163 digs.
Southwestern swept both matches last year against Dallas.
(Centenary College of Louisiana)
- The Ladies (6-7, 2-1 SCAC) are coming off back-to-back wins. The team swept Schreiner University and beat Texas Lutheran University in four sets.
- The team leader in kills is Alyssa Davis with 117.
- Rachel Demerjian is the main setter for the Ladies, producing 372 assists on the season.
- Dallas holds a 12-3 all-time series lead over Centenary. The Pirates won both meetings with Dallas last season.
Dallas will continue conference play as they host a cross-divisional tournament on September 28-29. The Crusaders will face off against Schreiner University and Texas Lutheran University on Saturday. The team will continue play against Trinity University and Johnson and Wales University (CO).