UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Volleyball Twitter: @UDallasVball
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Volleyball Instagram: udvball
The University of Dallas volleyball team will play three conference division games over two days hosted at Colorado College. Dallas will play Centenary College on Friday (10/12) at 6 p.m. UD will continue play against Southwestern University on Saturday (10/13) at 11 a.m. followed by Austin College at 3 p.m. The Crusaders enter the 2nd half of Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) play in 4th place.
- Dallas (14-8, 4-4 SCAC) is coming off a pair of non-conference wins against Louisiana College and LeTourneau University last Friday (10/5).
- Dayjah Whyte (Round Rock, Texas) was awarded SCAC Offensive Player of the Week. Whyte continues to lead the Crusaders with 219 kills.
- Elizabeth Smith (Broken Arrow, Okla.) was named United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA) Setter of the Week. She is the team-leader with 517 assists.
- UD leads all SCAC teams in service aces with 163, averaging 2.17 per set.
A LOOK AT THE OPPONENTS
- The Ladies (11-11, 3-4 SCAC) are currently on a four-game winning streak.
- Shyann Pisano is second among SCAC teams in service aces per set (0.48).
- Alyssa Davis leads the team with 200 kills.
- Rachel Demerjian has 486 assists for the team-lead.
- Dallas beat Centenary 3-1 on Sept. 23. A trio of Crusaders hit double-digits in kills in that match. Whyte, Abigail Porras (El Paso, Texas), and Isabel Garcia (San Antonio, Texas) had 16, 14, and 11, respectively.
- The Pirates (9-9, 5-2 SCAC) are coming off a five-set loss to Mary Hardin-Baylor last Saturday.
- Jamison Duck leads the SCAC in kills per set with 3.33. She also is the conference leader in service aces per set (0.53).
- Makenzie Mendez leads the Ladies with 702 assists.
- Brandi Campos ranks second in SCAC with 346 digs.
- Southwestern beat Dallas 3-1 in the first meeting of the year on Sept. 23.
- The 'Roos (11-9, 3-3 SCAC) are coming off a five set win in their last match against Mid-America Christian.
- Christine Royalty leads the SCAC with 67 blocks on the year, averaging 0.89 per set.
- Mayson Kennon has 168 kills for the team-lead.
- Brooklyn Talley leads the team with 377 assists.
- Dallas swept AC on Sept. 22 earlier this season. Ellise Anable (Phoenix, Ariz.) led UD with 10 kills and 11 digs.
Dallas will have its final regular season home match on Tuesday (10/16) against Arlington Baptist College. Senior Night will begin with first serve at 6 p.m.