UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Volleyball Twitter: @UDallasVball
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Volleyball Instagram: udvball
The University of Dallas volleyball team will finish out the regular season part of their schedule in a tournament hosted by Johnson & Wales University (CO). The Crusaders (17-12, 6-8 SCAC) will play the host on Friday (10/26) at 6 p.m. (MST). Dallas will continue play on Saturday (10/27) with a match against Colorado College at 10 a.m. (MST) and conclude the tournament with a non-conference game against Mississippi University for Women at 2 p.m. (MST).
- Dallas leads the SCAC in service aces (222).
- Krystyn Pua (Escondido, Calif.) was named United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA) Women's Volleyball Division I Player of the Week.
- Dayjah Whyte (Round Rock, Texas) leads all USCAA teams in kills (289).
- Elizabeth Smith (Broken Arrow, Okla.) sits atop the USCAA with 8.45 assists per set.
- Dallas leads the USCAA in kills (1147), assists (1048), and digs (1733).
A LOOK AT THE OPPONENTS
(Johnson & Wales University)
- The Wildcats (1-22, 1-13 SCAC) are currently on a nine-game losing streak.
- Brooke Paxton leads JWU with 218 kills.
- Emmy Gazaway has 414 assists for the team-lead.
- Kaitlin Jones leads the defense with 322 digs.
- Dallas swept the Wildcats on Sept. 29 in Irving. Whyte and Abigail Porras (El Paso, Texas) both led the Crusaders with nine kills in that match.
- The Tigers (26-2, 12-1 SCAC) have won six-straight matches.
- Haley Harris leads the SCAC in kills. She currently stands at 299 on the year.
- Margo Spaethling sits atop the SCAC in hitting percentage (.377).
- CC leads all SCAC teams with a .270 hitting percentage.
- The Tigers swept Dallas on Sept. 22 (25-14, 25-18, 25-7) in Georgetown, Texas.
(Mississippi University for Women)
- The Owls (4-19) have won the past two matches.
- Haley McMurphey leads the team with 119 kills.
- Madison Lamon has 233 assists for the team-lead.
- Sadie Mitchell leads the defense with 194 digs.
- Dallas swept MUW on Sept. 14 in Irving. Whyte led the Crusader with 12 kills, while Ellise Anable (Phoenix, Ariz.) had a double-double with 10 kills and 11 digs.
Dallas will host the SCAC Volleyball Tournament November 2-4. The top six teams from the conference will compete.