UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Volleyball Twitter: @UDallasVball
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Volleyball Instagram: udvball
The University of Dallas volleyball team is set to host the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) volleyball tournament which will be held November 2nd-4th. The Crusaders (19-13, 7-9 SCAC) have been selected as the 4th seed in this year's tournament. UD will be matched up against the No. 5 seed Centenary College on Friday (11/2) in the quarterfinals. First serve is set for 3:30 p.m.
Dallas is 2-0 against the Centenary (16-17, 7-9 SCAC) on the season. The Crusaders beat the Ladies 3-1 back on September 23rd at the SCAC Crossover hosted by Southwestern. A trio of Dallas players hit double-digits in kills in that match. Dayjah Whyte (Round Rock, Texas), Abigail Porras (El Paso, Texas), and Isabel Garcia (San Antonio, Texas) had 16, 14, and 11, respectively. UD then swept the Ladies on October 12th at a conference crossover held at Colorado College. Whyte had 12 kills, as her teammate Garcia had 10 to lead UD. Krystyn Pua (Escondido, Calif.) had a game-best 20 digs.
Dallas, who missed last year's tournament, will look to do better in 2018 after getting swept by Austin College in 2016 at the quarterfinal stage.
- Whyte earned SCAC Newcomer of the Year and SCAC 1st team All-Conference. Whyte, Porras, and Ellise Anable (Phoenix, Ariz.) all lead the Crusaders in kills, with 289, 251, and 238, respectively.
- Whyte posted top-10 performances in kills (seventh in the SCAC), kills per set (2.95 – sixth in the SCAC) and attack percentage (.292 – ninth in the SCAC). She was the only freshman in the league to rank in the top 10 in all three categories during the regular season.
- Elizabeth Smith (Broken Arrow, Okla.) jumped herself up the record book this season, as she now is third all-time in assists with 2,737. The senior setter had a career-high 8.50 assists/set average.
- All ten freshmen found considerable playing time throughout the season.
- Pua finished the season with a career-best and team-lead 450 digs.
- Dallas led all SCAC team with 242 service aces.
- The Crusaders had a 5-3 record at home in 2018.
BY THE NUMBERS
The winner of this matchup will move on to face No. 1 seed Colorado College in the Semifinals. That game will be on Saturday (11/3) at noon.