UD Twitter: @UDallasSports
UD Volleyball Twitter: @UDallasVball
UD Facebook: University of Dallas Athletics
UD Instagram: udallasathletics
UD Volleyball Instagram: udvball
The University of Dallas volleyball team opens the home portion of the 2019 campaign with the University of Dallas Invitational on September 13-14. Dallas plays twice on Friday with Alfred University at 3 p.m. and McMurry University at 7 p.m. The Crusaders finish the invitational on Saturday versus Millsaps College at 4 p.m.
- Dallas sits 3-5 overall after winning three-of-four at the Millsaps/Belhaven Invite.
- The Crusaders are averaging 11.43 kills per set and 2.54 aces per set.
- Abigail Porras (El Paso, Texas) posted 2.94 kills/set, 53 total kills, a .363 kill percentage, 14 service aces, 30 digs, and 68.5 points last weekend in four games.
- Porras leads the offense with 81 kills and a quartet of Crusaders with at least 50.
- Krystyn Pua (Escondido, Calif.) has grabbed 127 digs to lead the team.
- UD was 6-4 on its home court in 2018, which included a 5-2 regular season mark.
- UD All-time records: McMurry (6-22); last wins were in 2014 including at home; dropped past three meetings | Millsaps (1-4); won last head-to-head match in 2013 at Maher Center.| Alfred (1st meeting).
- Alfred enters 4-5 on the season, taking a 3-1 win at Buffalo State last Tuesday.
- Amber Smith has logged 140.5 points thanks to a team-high in kills (125), and second on team in digs (120). Julia Fanning has amassed 131 assists.
- The Saxons have 52 blocks compared to 31 by opponents.
- McMurry is unblemished on the season with a 6-0 record. This includes two matches with fellow Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) foe, Schrener University, who is also scheduled for a neutral site tilt on Friday. The Warhawks have only dropped two sets - each in a different game.
- Justice McGowan and Jordyn Burnell have done most of the damage on offense in kills with 59 and 58, respectively. MCM is outdoing foes 269-235 in that column.
- The Warhawks have accumulated 43 blocks and 82 block assists. Kianni Mitchell leads with 22 total blocks.
- Millsaps holds a 4-4 record, as it countered an 0-4 start with a perfect home weekend.
- The Majors are led by a trio of players with a combined 213 kills in: McKenzi Petricko, Erica Bennett, and Morgan Vincent.
- Katelyn Thomas and Mary Tebbe have each surpassed triple-digits in assists with 141 and 110, respectively.
The McMurry matchup on Friday night is a "whiteout" game with fans encouraged to wear white in support of the Crusaders.
BY THE NUMBERS
Dallas hosts Austin College to complete a four-game home stand and also open Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) action.